Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists don't update

Playlists don't update

I use an old macbook to stream Spotify to multiple devices via airplay. The setup works well, with the exception of playing live playlists (like My Discover Weekly). Everything works fine until Monday, when my discover weekly updates. I have to go to my basement (where my macbook is plugged in to ethernet/speakers) and close and reopen the app in order to get the playlist to reset/update. If I attempt to play the new playlist from a different device (ie start it from my phone and play it on the macbook), it will play the old playlist or not play at all. 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Hey @nyyanx18

Help’s here!

First thing to try here is running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app across all your devices. This removes corrupted data from previous installations and gets you the latest app version. Follow these steps on how to perform a clean reinstall depending on the device in use.  

If this persists after a clean reinstall, check the hosts file on your MacBook for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

The issue persisted after a complete reset of the macbook to factory
settings.

Hey @nyyanx18

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you're still experiencing this it's a good idea to check if the issue might be device- or account-related. Make sure you log in to your Spotify account on a different device to check if your playlists still can't update. If it works as expected on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up-to-speed with any software updates available. 

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network (for example, if this is happening when you're connected to 3G/4G, try switching to a WiFi connection). 

If it works with another connection, it'd be a good idea troubleshooting further the original one (for example restarting your router).

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Suggested posts