Playlists keep Mixing

Solved!

Playlists keep Mixing

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.A

My Question or Issue

Whenever I play any of my playlists, it will play the first song of that playlist, but then it will start to play songs from my sad playlist and only my sad playlist. (eg. I will play a song from my country playlist, then the next songs will be ones from my sad playlist. I am able to individually click a song on my country playlist, but once the song is over it begins to play my sad playlist, no matter how may times I skip the songs.) This is the same for all of my other playlists too, it just gets mixed up and starts playing my sad playlist. I have deleted and remade my country playlist and the same thing happened, I even deleted my sad playlist all together, but that changed nothing. 

Please help! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @allieJ1,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Have you already tried clearing the play queue of your device? 

This looks like an issue with items in the play queue at a first glance. Here is more on how to do that.

If this doesn't resolve it, we'd like you to let us know if the same behavior occurs on a different device with your account? In case you don't have another device available to test, use the Web Player instead to see if there's a difference.

Let us know how things work out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @allieJ1,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Have you already tried clearing the play queue of your device? 

This looks like an issue with items in the play queue at a first glance. Here is more on how to do that.

If this doesn't resolve it, we'd like you to let us know if the same behavior occurs on a different device with your account? In case you don't have another device available to test, use the Web Player instead to see if there's a difference.

Let us know how things work out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

LyubkaModerator

Hi! I have the same issue since this morning, I select one playlist but it plays only one song, then goes randomly through all the possible genres. I have premium too, location Italy. I tried clearing the queue and the cache, didn't work 😞

Thanks 🙂

Hey @Dadarossa,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Could you let us know if it happens on all your playlists? Which devices does this behavior occur on? Does the issue persist on all platforms?

On another note, would you mind trying with a different network connection to see if it makes any difference? In case you don't have another one available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it. 

If you still experience this, we'd suggest reinstalling the app with the steps here. This'll make sure you have the latest version of the app and that any outdated files are removed. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

Hope this helps. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator

Hi, 

Thanks, I tried also with wi-fi, same issue. I checked the app on my tv and it's working properly, the issue appears to be only on my mobile. 

About the app, I saw that it is updated to the latest version issued the 29th of May, could this be related? Just a couple of days before the problem began. 

I will try reinstalling the app, hope it works...

Thanks again for your help ☺️

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

This could be happening due to a number of factors. Please check the following:

• Make sure your Play Queue is cleared before playing music. You can clear it by clicking the Queue button > Clear queue. This option should be available on Desktop and Mobile.
  • Make sure that Enhance is switched off. This button will appear on top of your playlist. If it's turned on (green) it will automatically add similar songs to your playlist.
  • Make sure Smart Shuffle is turned off.

This will usually happen when you have some songs/ playlists/ albums pre-loaded in your play queue, so those just start playing automatically when the first song you've played finishes. 

Let us know if that helps or if the app is still playing random music even after clearing your queue and turning off Shuffle.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts