Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Podcast section is missing

Solved!

[Podcasts] Podcast section is missing

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

Ukraine

Device

(iPhone 11, Macbook Pro 2019)

Operating System

(iOS 13, MacOS Catalina.)

My Question or Issue

I could not access Podcasts section in any way from any device I'm logged in. Looks like it is missing completely for Ukraine region.
I changed country for my account from US, and I could access podcasts before. I've even subscribed to some. Is there a way to recover access to them now?

Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 10.29.44.png
IMG_5720.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @nglushak,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. 

Just jumping in here to confirm that Podcasts are currently not available in Ukraine. Availability of certain content is based on a variety of factors, such as the licensing agreements for the countries and may therefore vary form region to region.

For now, we'd recommend you take a look in our Idea Exchange and see if someone has already submitted an idea for this feature to be added in your country and if not post your own.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope this helps. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to reach out!

Have a great day 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I dropped a message to Spotify support and had a little conversation. They answered: 'it is common to launch in markets without offering the full Spotify product range' and 'we are working to get our podcast offering up and running for your particular region as soon as we are able'.
So, we'll be waiting for podcasts for the same time we'd been waiting for the launching in Ukraine before.

Marked as solution

Hey there @nglushak,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. 

Just jumping in here to confirm that Podcasts are currently not available in Ukraine. Availability of certain content is based on a variety of factors, such as the licensing agreements for the countries and may therefore vary form region to region.

For now, we'd recommend you take a look in our Idea Exchange and see if someone has already submitted an idea for this feature to be added in your country and if not post your own.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope this helps. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to reach out!

Have a great day 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for confirmation, @Xenia.

Thats bad news, but I hope it will take less time to launch podcasts for my region than Spotify itself 🙂

I did as you suggested and posted an Idea submission.

That is awful and disappointing situation. I have subscribed to Spotify to get LEGAL content (that is non-common case for ex-USSR region, I guess), but I don't have a full service. 

It "encourages" to use a legal products.
That is really unfair. 😞

Suggested posts