Premium

Country

USA

Device

Oneplus 7t

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

About a week ago my recently played on my home section disappeared. It seems to have been replaced by "new podcast episodes" which has actually infuriated me to no end. I've attempted all instructions I've found around the forums pertaining to this issue including a quick reinstall and a full reinstall which required the deletion of all my downloaded songs and cache. I would like this feature reinstated to my client if at all possible. The shift away from music towards podcasts has really taken a toll on the end user music experience. 

12 Replies

Spotify - can you Please addresss this? I’m a premium customer and I am not able to locate my recently played!

I need to see Recently Played on my desktop. I got to my desktop for most robust interface. Not getting it on this issue.

Also, there's no album art in the lower left corner.  Just a list of playlists. So I can't access currently playing.  Grrr..

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here.

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread.

Could you please share with us the following? We'll look into this further.

• A screenshot of what you're seeing.
  • If the same thing happens when you try with another account on the same device.
  • The exact Spotify version that is running on your device.
  • If you've tried any troubleshooting steps.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

DGlaser1_0-1643170005183.png

As you can see, no Recents and can't see how to find what's currently playing.

Thanks!

Hi @DGlaser1,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

The screenshot seems to be cut off at the bottom, so we're not able to see the playback controls. Can you take a new screenshot showing the whole screen? 

About the section that you're looking for in Search, that section isn't Recently Played but Recent Searches and there's a difference between the two. 

You can find Recently Played after accessing the queue at the bottom right corner or the screen: 

And then clicking on the Recently Played tab at the top:

On the other hand, the Recent searches section you find in Search will display all artists, albums and playlist you manually search for, open and start playing. Take for example this: 

In order for it to show, I manually typed "Lo-Fi House" in the Search bar, opened the playlist and started playing it.

Hope this helps clear things up.

MafeGModerator

Huh. The screenshot above is accurate. It's all I can see. I tried hitting CTRL + - to shrink and it didn't shrink. This is as small as it gets. Here's another screen shot:
Hmm -- Ctrl and v doesn't insert my screen shot.
I really want to see the playback controls.
Please advise.

Hi @DGlaser1,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

Since the app isn't working as expected, then we suggest you start by running a clean reinstall with these steps. After that, make sure to download the app from the Microsoft Store. 

If the issue persists after that, please go to your computer's resolution settings and check that the scaling and resolution options are set to recommended.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator

Very frustrating not to be able to locate a song that just ended.  What do I need to adust?

Hey there @DGlaser1

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to make sure, have you tried reinstalling the app following the steps @MafeG sent previously?

On another note, you can check your PC's resolution setting by following the steps here

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I switched to 100% and the controls are there.  But it's all too small to read.  I may have to switch the display around a lot.  Unless you have another idea.

Thanks.

I tried hitting Ctrl + and everything got bigger, including the controls at the bottom. Except for my Firefox tabs -- they're still tiny. The page expands but not the tab text. Weird. And I tried restarting the browser.

Any other ideas are welcome but I think this is as good as it will get.

Thanks.

Hey @DGlaser1,

Thanks for the reply and for clarifying that you're referring to the Web player and not the Desktop app.

On the Web player, hitting Ctrl++ will enlarge the contents of the web page but not the Firefox tabs. You can adjust that from Windows settings.

It would be great if you can include a screenshot of the way things look on your end. If you can't add the screenshot as an attachment, you can send us a link to an external image sharing platform 🙂

If you have more questions, we'll do our best to help.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts