Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove Unwanted Podcasts

Remove Unwanted Podcasts

There should be an option to prevent certain podcasts (or all podcasts) from appearing in the Spotify-created playlists, and suggested podcasts on the frontpage. I don't want to see NPR when I go on to Spotify. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 3.15.34 PM.png
30 Replies

Hello!

Have you not tried clicking the more options button? This should be the box with 3 Sideways Dots like this (...) If this doesn't work just ask me!

Anthony 

There's no option for "I don't want to see this" in the options... Unless I'm missing something?

After Looking it looks like this is due to it being a Spotify made Playlist
that is selected due to your listening habits. Try to send a support
request to the Team.

I just want an option to be able to hide all podcasts so they don't get suggested.

Yes. I enjoy the Daily Drive playlist song selections for me (although it can be really repetitive from day to day), but it is not good at picking podcasts I'd like and it's frustrating that I can't indicate that. I've tried following podcasts in the hope they'd at least put ones I've liked in there. Between the repetitive selections and the annoying true crime, market updates, and sports podcasts, I don't use the Daily Drive playlist as much as I did when they first started offering it.

This more option doesnโ€™t seem to appear as an option on the unwanted suggested podcast, can you point me in the right direction as to how to remove them from my home screen?

cheers Matt

Hey there folks,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

Keep in mind that we have a Hide feature in the app on iOS and Android for songs in playlists that you haven't created yourself. Note that this feature is not available for podcast episodes. It seems however that other Spotify users also mentioned they'd like to have the option to hide or disable podcasts and posted an idea. There is also this idea about adding the possibility to customize the entire Home Screen. This seems more like what you have in mind, @Maffs.

You can add your support there by up-voting the ideas. We'll inform on any developments there, if there are any. You can find more about how your ideas help us improve the app in this Spotify Answer.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Try going to NPR and make sure unfollow is checked. That seems to get it out of your timeline.

so when is this going to be added? imagine being recommended podcasts about rich influencers and youtubers when all you listen to is stuff about music films history and games- like i dont want to see some millionaire lady talking about vibrators on my way to work

Hey there @fyzpyd_fe-gxv

Thanks for your message.

We understand where you're coming from. However, we can't say if or when a feature to remove these suggestions will be added. 

We'd recommend keeping an eye out on our Newsroom and your app up to date so that you don't miss it if the feature becomes available.

The Community will be here if you need anything else. 

Take care.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Look if there's a way I could just stop getting "**bleep** Town" recommended to me that'd be great. I don't want to look at a gross **bleep** logo every time I log into Spotify.

I still don't see a solution to this question on how to mute or delete podcast mentions which clutter my timeline. The push of say, Joe Rogan podcast is too strong in search. And it persists even though I don't follow after listening to it once. 

Donโ€™t hold your breath. Spotifyโ€™s doing everything it can to shove podcasts down its users throats, as thatโ€™s the area where it sees the most potential for growth. 

Unfortunately, the only way we can push back is to stop using Spotify - both for music and podcasts - to show that it doesnโ€™t have a captive audience it can manipulate for its own ends. 

The podcasts Spotify suggests for me are all horror stories with **bleep** images of axes and devils!!! This is wrong. I do not want this material to be presented to my kids. Please remove the Spotify suggested podcasts.

SuggestedSpotifyPodCasts2021-07-06 062213.png

Months later and nothing they really don't care about users

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

In this case we suggest that you head over to the ideas that @Mihail mentioned in his reply above. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the ideas for any updates.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to do better.

You can read more about how the feedback/ideas reaches Spotify here.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music ๐Ÿ™‚

To be honest it just feels like words from you such basic features missing
from a company that claims to have a cool development process. Seems like
user experience got lost.

Hey again @user-removed,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and weโ€™re constantly aiming to improve our features. Weโ€™re sorry that this means youโ€™re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music ๐Ÿ™‚

if you were you would have fixed it just like the Play Next feature that
never appears

Suggested posts