Remove Unwanted Podcasts

Remove Unwanted Podcasts

saltdo
Regular

There should be an option to prevent certain podcasts (or all podcasts) from appearing in the Spotify-created playlists, and suggested podcasts on the frontpage. I don't want to see NPR when I go on to Spotify. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 3.15.34 PM.png
12 Replies

carmendot1
Casual Listener

I still don't see a solution to this question on how to mute or delete podcast mentions which clutter my timeline. The push of say, Joe Rogan podcast is too strong in search. And it persists even though I don't follow after listening to it once. 

GrlfrndInAComa
Visitor

Yes. I enjoy the Daily Drive playlist song selections for me (although it can be really repetitive from day to day), but it is not good at picking podcasts I'd like and it's frustrating that I can't indicate that. I've tried following podcasts in the hope they'd at least put ones I've liked in there. Between the repetitive selections and the annoying true crime, market updates, and sports podcasts, I don't use the Daily Drive playlist as much as I did when they first started offering it.

AnthonyBPL
Regular

Hello!

Have you not tried clicking the more options button? This should be the box with 3 Sideways Dots like this (...) If this doesn't work just ask me!

Anthony 

carmendot
Casual Listener
Try going to NPR and make sure unfollow is checked. That seems to get it out of your timeline.

Maffs

This more option doesn’t seem to appear as an option on the unwanted suggested podcast, can you point me in the right direction as to how to remove them from my home screen?

cheers Matt

Mihail

Hey there folks,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

Keep in mind that we have a Hide feature in the app on iOS and Android for songs in playlists that you haven't created yourself. Note that this feature is not available for podcast episodes. It seems however that other Spotify users also mentioned they'd like to have the option to hide or disable podcasts and posted an idea. There is also this idea about adding the possibility to customize the entire Home Screen. This seems more like what you have in mind, @Maffs.

You can add your support there by up-voting the ideas. We'll inform on any developments there, if there are any. You can find more about how your ideas help us improve the app in this Spotify Answer.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a nice day!

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

fyzpyd_fe-gxv

so when is this going to be added? imagine being recommended podcasts about rich influencers and youtubers when all you listen to is stuff about music films history and games- like i dont want to see some millionaire lady talking about vibrators on my way to work

Novy

Hey there @fyzpyd_fe-gxv

Thanks for your message.

We understand where you're coming from. However, we can't say if or when a feature to remove these suggestions will be added. 

We'd recommend keeping an eye out on our Newsroom and your app up to date so that you don't miss it if the feature becomes available.

The Community will be here if you need anything else. 

Take care.

NovyModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

MattHersee
Look if there's a way I could just stop getting "**bleep** Town" recommended to me that'd be great. I don't want to look at a gross **bleep** logo every time I log into Spotify.

saltdo
Regular

There's no option for "I don't want to see this" in the options... Unless I'm missing something?

AnthonyBPL
Regular
After Looking it looks like this is due to it being a Spotify made Playlist
that is selected due to your listening habits. Try to send a support
request to the Team.

saltdo
Regular

I just want an option to be able to hide all podcasts so they don't get suggested.

SUGGESTED POSTS