Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Request to make a specific playlist collaborative again without having to resend the link

Request to make a specific playlist collaborative again without having to resend the link

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

iPhone Xs

Operating System

iOS 15.4.1

My Question or Issue

Hi, is it possible to request for a specific playlist to be collaborative again? The “Make Collaborative” feature was really convenient for me because a friend could just like my playlist and add songs- I don’t have to send a link that expires 24 hours. If the feature will not be back anytime soon, can I make a request for a specific playlist of mine? Thank you. 

2 Replies

Hi @katebaeyona!

The invite link allows a user to join your collaborative playlist indefinitely. Once they join and add the playlist to their library, they can freely add tracks to it, so you don't have to resend it every time. If you're having issues with this, feel free to elaborate further and also send us a screenshot / screen recording of what's happening so we can get a clear idea of how things look on your / their end.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey guys,

Check out my idea submission to bring back the "Make Collaborative" Feature + vote on it if you're missing it too! https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Playlists-Have-both-quot-make-collaborativ...

A lot of us are having the same issue - they have removed the option to make a playlist collaborative, so unfortunately you have to invite specific people to join the playlist. Obviously this isn't the way a lot of us used the feature, as we allowed whoever found our playlist to add / change it.

If enough of us vote on the idea to bring the feature back, they may just implement having both so we can enjoy using Spotify again!

VOTE HERE to bring back the original Collaborative Playlists: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Playlists-Have-both-quot-make-collaborativ...

Suggested posts