Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle

Shuffle

When I go to my workshop I tell google to play my playlist on spotify. I want only my playlists (they contain individual tracks) to default to shuffle. When I ask google to play an album I do not  want shuffle. I would appreciate some help here in configuring my setup.

Plan

premium

Country usa

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7, google mini

Operating System

My Question or Issue...When I ask my google mini to play a playlist (which contains individual tracks) I want that playlist to shuffle. When I ask for an album to play I do not want it to shuffle. Can someone help me to configure this please?

Thank you

5 Replies

Hi @Danno53,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your issue/problem. As of right now, I don't think you can individually set the shuffle mode on and off to one specific playlist/album than to another. You will probably have to go to your mobile/computer and turn on and off the shuffle mode from there.

But if you would want this idea you can submit your idea on the Idea's Page. To do this click here. It will tell you how to submit an idea to the Community.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I just want to make sure that I am being clear here. When I play a playlist I want it ALWAYS to shuffle. When I play an album I want it ALWAYS to not shuffle.  If this is not possible then the service is not worth the cost and I would revert back to the free option.

Hey there @Danno53,

Thank you for your message.

We can confirm that right now it's not possible to set the Shuffle function to always be on/off for different type of content on the app.

We're consistently aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. You can suggest that feature in our Ideas section.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Deal breaker for me. I'm willing to pay a subscription if I can listen to
entire record albums and specific song requests without shuffle. Then, if I
want to listen to all of my favorite songs in my playlist Why pay for a
premium service that plays it as a lineup? Suggest the feature? This has
been requested by others for years.
Buh Bye!

Hey @Danno53

Thank you for your reply.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify on your Google Mini like you wish to do at the moment. 

We hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts