Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When adding a song to playlist, I can't search for the playlist by starting to type the name of it

Solved!

When adding a song to playlist, I can't search for the playlist by starting to type the name of it

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Until a few days or maybe a week ago, I could start to type the name of a playlist to find it, after clickin add to playlist on a specific song (after the list of playlists to choose to add it to had come up). This does no longer work. Could we please have that feature back? Thanks in advance 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Mia21 @ULLLIIK @lagicol @oerbital 

Good news! This has now been implemented! Full details here

New in desktop app version 1.1.89.858 (and Web Player). This was also added to the mobile app a while back.

• You can now search the "Add to Playlist" menu using the search bar at the top

Search - Add to Playlist menu.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey @Mia21,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend you share this feedback here

The dev team is looking to improve the Desktop experience further in the upcoming updates and it's valuable to hear how users feel about recent changes. Your post will get more visibility there 🙂

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This functionality is also urgently needed on mobile! (I know it wasn't there previously, but why the **bleep** not?)
I've had Spotify for over a decade now and I have to scroll through literally HUNDREDS of playlists to find the one I want to add to. It's so irritating, and takes ages.
The longer you have Spotify, the more of a problem this becomes, so you're punishing your most loyal customers by not fixing this!!

Hey @Hoambach,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Following up, this feels like a bug and not something fitting for the feedback section of the site. 

Spotify Rep, Can you please clarify and confirm if the dev team intended to take away this functionality? The feature was previously working and the latest release removed the ability to search.

Was this accidental change to remove a users ability to search for a playlist while adding a song? 

Hi there @sotat,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features, however - we can't say when or if this will be implemented. 

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

I'm a little confused, you never answered my original question. Is this change a bug or was it intended to remove the ability to search playlists when adding songs? 

I'm not asking for a timeline to resolution or submitting feedback. Curious to know if the change was intended. 

Thanks

Hey again @sotat,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

That's currently how the app works and it isn't a malfunction of the app. That's why we suggested adding your feedback to the relevant thread or adding an idea to bring it back.

Hope this clears things up. We'll be right here in case you need a hand with anything else.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

PLEASE FIX THIS! 

I like to add songs I add songs to playlists and this makes it nearly impossible. Why would this feature be removed? Wouldnt you want to make it easier for me, not harder to make playlists? Ive been on Spotify for a long time now and Im considering leaving because of this. Please fix it. 

Please add this feature back. Not being able to search for a playlist when adding a new song is a recent change that has made adding new songs very frustrating. This option is available for me on mobile, but not on desktop. 

Hey @lagicol,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

We're sorry to know that this feature you like was removed. 

For now feel free to add your +VOTE to this idea, in which users are asking to have this feature back. You can also Subscribe to it in the three-dot menu, that way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this. 

No worries, keep in mind that despite the current status, we'll notify everyone who subscribes to that thread once we have any updates to share about that feature.

We'll be here if anything else comes up.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Absolutely necessary feature that needs to be brought back. Especially for people with a huge catalog of playlists, it's much more convenient to add tracks if you have the search function. Thank you devs.

Marked as solution

Hey @Mia21 @ULLLIIK @lagicol @oerbital 

Good news! This has now been implemented! Full details here

New in desktop app version 1.1.89.858 (and Web Player). This was also added to the mobile app a while back.

• You can now search the "Add to Playlist" menu using the search bar at the top

Search - Add to Playlist menu.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts