Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Recommended Artist not showing on Desktop and Mobile

Solved!

[Your Library] Recommended Artist not showing on Desktop and Mobile

Plan

Premium

Device

Lg nexus 5x, Macbook Pro mid 2014

Operating System

MacOs Catalina, Android 8, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone, I am currently having issues with Spotify on windows 10 and on android 8. I used to be able to go to artist and find my recommended artist there from all the songs and albums that I had saved, somehow they have disappeared and I can only view the artist that I follow. This is very strange and I cannot view my saved songs anymore based on artist. On my MacBook however, everything seems to be working fine, I can see all my recommended artists there and there is absolutely nothing wrong, so how come it suddenly has been removed on windows and android, or is it just a bug? 

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 23.21.59.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We can now confirm that this has been fixed for all mobile devices. If you're having any issues with this functionality, we recommend that you start a new thread in our Help boards. We'll happily help you there. 

We've also checked with the relevant teams and the feature will no longer be supported on desktop. We're always trying to provide our users with the best possible experience, so if this is a feature you'd like to be available we'd recommend heading to the Ideas board and raising your feedback there. More info on our Ideas exchange can be found here.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

52 Replies

Plan: Student / Premium

Device: Desktop

Operating System: MacOs Mojave

I checked my phone and the feature is still on mobile so I wasn't sure if it was an error on desktop or an update took it away. Since artists you follow only show up under the artists tab (which is still a bad change btw!), the recommended artists below your followed artists helped me easily find other artists I've liked songs from but didn't want to follow because they weren't favorites I wanted updates on if they released new music. It would suck if the feature is gone. I provided an image that shows how the recommend artist section is gone now.

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 1.43.50 PM.png

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

Windows 10  PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Why in my bibliotheque of artist there are only the subscribt artists? I'm not subscribed to all the artists that i like. But now i can't find the artists that i like one or two songs but i'm not subscribed to them

Hey @Nobrega1! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

You should find the songs of the artists you like in your 'Library' under the category 'Liked Songs'. 

You'll need to follow all of your favorite artists in the future to see them in your Library. ^^

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Xiaomi

My Question or Issue

Hello, I noticed that since the last update something has changed.

Usually, in the "followed artists" category, there was at the end the suggestion field with "Artists you may want to follow" which usually consisted of artists who I may have added few songs in my library without following them because they maybe don't release new music or I don't simply like them so much. Anyway having a list of "artist which I like some songs but I don't follow" was useful when I wanted to clean my library a bit. Now I noticed that in the "Followed Artists" category there are just the artist that I actually follow (who are fewer, because of the items limit), while the "Artists you may want to follow" suggestion disappeared.

This is a little bit annoying because I have a lot of music saved and now it's really difficult to keep track on everything I save.

I wanted to know if this is because of the update or is it an actual error.

Thank You

Hi there @RiccardoValle,

thanks for reaching out !

In case you've noticed changes in your app, it might be due to the fact Spotify are always testing out new features and UI/UX improvements - you can read all about it here.

Regardless, i saw you mentioned the tracks limit on your account.

I recommend adding your +VOTE to this idea and also subscribing to it to get updates on any changes made.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Hey there @yunagarnet,

Thanks for reaching out! 

We'd be happy to look into this. It'd be helpful if you can send us:

• a screenshot of the whole app window without cropping the side bar
  • your exact Spotify version

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

This is completely true. I agree 100%

Hihi.

Same problem here. The desktop app became useless for me because I scroll through my recommanded artists to choose the music I want to hear. On the Android app it didn't change, so I can still use Spotify on my mobile...

I'm new in this community thing, how do I send you the things you asked for?

Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

iPhone 6 Plus

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

In previous versions, artists and albums that I had saved songs from were listed. This was very comfortable to me because I always knew the music I had and it was easier to catch songs that I didn't add. It also let me navigate through all my artists and albums much quicker than typing every single time in the "search" bar or changing the filters. I had total control over what I wanted to listen to next. 

Now, I am forced to follow artists and like albums in order to make them appear in their respective sections. I personally don't want to follow every, if any, artist I listen to. I'm simply not interested. And I also don't want to like every single album. Maybe there's an album from which I only like a few songs, so why would I like it? Yet, I want to be able to see those albums and the songs that I like from them on a list.

Filters are a good option for specific moments, but are nowhere near as effective as those sections (Artists and Albums) were before.

IMG_1376[1].PNG
IMG_1377[2].PNG

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I am wondering if there is any way to view a list of artists that you have liked songs from in the past, but are not following on Spotify. The "Artists" page in "Your Library" only lists artists you are following. It would also be nice if the artists in that list redirected to a list of the songs you have liked from that artists, rather than just taking you to that artist's main page (similar to how artists in the "Artists" page works).

Prior to the update to the Android Spotify app on May 19, 2020 (Version 8.5.59.1137), I was able to see this list at the bottom of the "Artists" page. Now there is only the "Add Artists" option, which does not provide what I am looking for.

I am quite confused as to why this list would be removed from the bottom of the "Artists" page, as now there is seemingly no convenient way to view these liked songs besides digging through your "Liked Songs" playlist. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung S10

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

In the "Your library" section when I go to the "Artists tab" and try to search in the "Find in Artists" typically all of the songs/albums I have liked/downloaded from an artist appear but now I have to manually add each artist to see all of my liked/downloaded music from them. Is this a problem on my part or is there a problem on spotify's end?

I have two playlists on my premium account.  One of them has 500 songs downloaded, and the other one has close to 250. 

I've been able to tap the "Your Library" tab on the bottom of my phone and then the "Artists" tab at the top of my phone to immediately see how many total songs I have downloaded from any given artist concerning these two playlists.  

I don't know what has occurred, but I no longer seem to be allowed to do that.  After tapping the "Artists" tab, a message now says, "Your artists will appear here" Then it gives me the option of tapping "Add Artists"  If I tap that, it goes to a page that shows each particular artist in a circle but does not show how many songs I have downloaded for that artist.

Has Spotify adjusted this in some way?  If so, how can I navigate this the way I want to?  I want to monitor the amount of songs I have from the artists in order to avoid oversaturation

The same thing happens on my desktop, too, but it has been that way on there for quite some time now. 

My Question or Issue

This is working as intended. 

It’s working as intended. Artists appear there only if you follow them. 

That doesn't answer the questions I posed.  So, up until two days ago, it wasn't working as intended?  There has to have been some type of cosmetic change done to the site.  I'm not doing anything different.  I'd like to be able to see somewhere how many cuts are downloaded from any particular artist.  How can I now do that?

Follow that artist and it should show songs liked from that artist. But I’ve encountered two different behaviours with Artists. One is that after following an artist it shows the songs that you have liked from that artist and if you tap on the artist it shows those songs in a list. The other doesn’t show the songs and only takes you to the artist page if you tap on that artist. 

Thanks, AeroZ. That is very helpful. I will try that.

I also recently deleted my cache, would that possibly have anything to do with it? My guess is no since when I add new songs/artist they still dont show up in my library unless i manually add them..

Suggested posts