Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] song queue keeps resetting in playlist

[iOS] song queue keeps resetting in playlist

Plan: Free; iPad air (4th gen) iOS 15.5; Spotify v8.7.46

Since the latest app update all of my playlists have an issue where the song queue will reset back to the start after playing one or two songs. 

At most it will play two songs then go back to to the first song in the playlist. I've tried hitting skip and letting songs play through and the same thing keeps happening. 

I've tried the following without success:

• creating a new playlist with the same songs
  • logging out then login again
  • deleting the app and all data from device, then reinstall

I've included a screen recording of what happens to the queue when I try to skip a song.

Anyone know how to fix it?

2 Replies

Hey @okami_g,

Thanks for posting in the Community and the screen recording.

On the screen recording the list under "Next from" is not the queue, but what the autoplay will start playing when the current song ends, if the queue is empty.

Could you check if this behavior happens when you have entries in the Queue itself? You can check here how to manage the Queue.

It's also worth trying to replicate the issue with a different account. How did that go?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks so much for the reply, Dian!

Thanks for clarifying between "Next from" and the "Queue." My problem, though, was that it wasn't cycling through each song in the list at least once before repeating a song like it usually did on autoplay. 

Looks like it's resolved following your suggestion of using another account on the device:

I had someone login to their Spotify account on my iPad and sent them a link to the affected playlist - the playlist worked fine for them.  

Logged back into my account on the iPad and the playlist is working properly for me now. All my other affected playlists appear to be fine now too.

Not exactly sure how that worked, because I did try logging out/in of my account before and after deleting the app prior to posting here without success, but yeah thanks!

Suggested posts