Premium

Country

canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy s7

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

when I change the order or move a song in one of my playlist on pc it doesn't update on my phone it just stays the same for example if I go to filter on my phone and chose recently added arrow up it will change on my phone but not on pc is there a way to fix this? I tried uninstalling and clearing the cache did nothing. and i also can't rearrange song on pc anymore. 

7 Replies

Hey there @Randomuser1_2,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this also happening when you try changing your songs' position in the playlist manually? Additionally, would you mind letting us know what happens when you try rearranging your songs on your PC?

On another note, we can confirm that it's expected behavior of the app that the filter you apply in one device won't sync to another one. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Same issue. Just like many other people as you can see on the forum.

Spotify, stop blaming the user for this issue. It's clear that it's a bug on YOUR end.

Bump. Spotify fix this please

Hi @vhain,

Thanks for your post.

As we're not able to replicate this issue on our end we need to collect necessary data from users who are experiencing it, in order to find out what is causing this issue.

It would be great if you can let us know if this issue started only recently for you and if it's affecting only playlist created by you.

Sharing your Device model, OS version and Spotify version would also be helpful.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes the issue started only about 2-3 days ago. 

I can't add any local files to my phone (OnePlus 8 Pro, Android 11, latest Spotify version 8.6.78.266) anymore.

When I add them to my own created playlist on the desktop app (Windows 10) they just won't appear on my phone's spotify. And yes I'm sure both devices are in the same network and yes I also tried reinstalling both apps. Tried basically everything. I can sync old local files that been in my playlist already, but I just can't add new local files to my phone anymore.

Hi @vhain,

Thank you for your reply and sharing that information. 

Since this is happening only with new files, could you try to create an internet hotspot with your phone, then connect your PC to it and try to synchronize the files again? 

If the issue persists, let us know if you're able to synchronize regular Spotify tracks in the same playlist where you keep your local files.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The issue randomly disappeared today. 

Suggested posts