Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

playlists in general

playlists in general

Is there a limit on the number of tracks placed into a playlist. Is 600 tracks outragious

3 Replies

Hi @Dunkinidaho,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

There is currently a limit of 10,000 items in a playlist, according to this Community Blog post. Since 600 tracks is well below this limit, you should be able to create such a playlist on Spotify.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Along the same line as this post regarding playlists I've noticed that the
shuffle play doesn't work as I think it should. What I mean by that is it
plays the same songs repeatedly over a couple hours of listening. I have 60
hours in one playlist so I would think that there would be not
repetition until all tracks had been played once. That is not happening.
Anything that can fix that glitch??

Hi @Dunkinidaho,

Thank you for your reply!

In large playlists (over 150 songs), the shuffle option will prioritize the songs that Spotify perceives you enjoy the most; this is why you might notice that some songs are repeated while listening on shuffle. You could create several smaller playlist to generate more random playback, as was suggested in this similar thread.

There is also currently a Live Idea to have an option for a โ€œtrueโ€ shuffle, which would play all the songs in a playlist in a random order, and once theyโ€™re all played, reshuffle them and play them again. I recommend adding your +VOTE to this idea, as the more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it; and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

It will also be useful for you to Subscribe to the idea by clicking the three dots next to its title; that way, you can be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts