Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accessibility - New Text Resizing options for iOS

Accessibility - New Text Resizing options for iOS

Hey folks,

Writing since we'd like to share an accessibility update with everyone 🙂

We have started implementing support to larger text sizes in iOS devices. You can now enable 5 extra text sizes under the iOS Accessibility Settings by going to Settings>Accessibility>Display & Text Size.

text accessibility iOS.png

The feature is still gradually being rolled out, but you should see it soon. Just make sure both device and app are up-to-date! 

We'd love to hear your feedback on this. Post anything you'd like to share here.

Take care!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
7 Replies

Good accessibility rocks! 🙌
HuboSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This update actually made my accessibility settings in spotify worse. I now have to make the font size on my phone smaller in order to use spotify (otherwise I can't see song titles). Is it possible to create the functionality to customize font size within the spotify app vice via phone settings? 

This doesn't help in the My Library page. Actually it makes the UI regression even worse, as I now have to slide the filters to the left every time I want to click on the podcast filter.

Enabling system font size scaling in the app is not an adequate band-aid for the accessibility regressions introduced in this update

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting on this thread and share your thoughts.

We're sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been as expected. We're constantly working on fixes and improvements so the overall user experience gets better. We'll make sure to forward your feedback to the teams in charge.

We'll be right here in case you have any questions.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

You better do something about readability on an iMac. I can hardly read the playlists and titles etc. anymore. This is the worst upgrade I have seen on any app in a long time. The user interface used to be easy, very accessible  and intuitive. Now I can hardly read stuff, have to search for the topics I used to get and am lost in the new set-up. I can not imagine users like this above the previous interface...

Hey @fambuist

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. Since you're having issues with the desktop app, we'd recommend adding your feedback to this thread, as it's being constantly monitored by the right folks. 

In the meantime, you can try zooming in the app in order to see bigger images and texts. You should be able to do this by clicking the three-dot menu in the top left corner > View > Zoom in. 

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Have a good one 🙂

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hey @AnwarJutt98,

Thanks for your post.

Currently there is no way to change the font size from within the Spotify app.

Some phone manufacturers might allow such a function and it would most probably be located in your phone's Settings > Apps management.

You're always welcome to post your feedback on how the new update makes you feel here. This thread is being closely monitored in order to bring more improvements to the user experience in future updates.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts