Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding to queue not working

Solved!

Adding to queue not working

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

IOS 12.1.4

My Question or Issue

Just recently when I add any amount of songs to my queue none of them are added, it keeps the random queue songs and never loads my selections.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Same problem here. 
device: iphone 8, iOS 12.1.4

I have recently (last three weeks) - removed the app and did a clean re-install. have tried restarting device multiple times.

add to queue works very intermittantly. Most of the time, if i add to queue it doesn't take (nothing is added). If i click add to queue again (same track), it will work - but often adds the song twice. 

This is getting extremely frustrating. recently swtiched to Spotify from AppleMusic but i'm ready to go back if i can't figure this out.

Having the same problem. Very frustrating. And it’s not the only issue. I agree if the issues keep piling up and keep me from just enjoying the music when want to, I might consider alternatives 

Hi, i have the same issue and I have tried restarting, uninstalling, everything. The problem is still there. 

I am using one plus 7 and Android version 11

Oxygen OS 11.0.9

Hey there @Pratibha07

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

Just to confirm, are you on the free service or you have a Premium subscription? Keep in mind that with the free service is not possible to add songs to the queue since listening on demand is a Premium feature

If you have Premium, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app by following these specific steps to get rid of any cached files that might causing this. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This solution did not work. All Queue functions are disabled. It is a feature I use regularly. Very frustrating.

Hey @michaelqz1958

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one?

On another note, would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end? We'll take a closer look. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Didn’t work and I lost all my local files and have to re-download them

Il experiencing the same problem, I tried the suggested fix of clean re-install and phone restart. I have premium and an iPhone 12. Has a fox for this been found?

Hey @Mconnel3,

A short screen recording which captures the app's behavior in action would be greatly appreciated - that way we can get a clear view of what's happening on you end. If you're unable to attach it in your reply here, you can instead upload it to a cloud service like Google Drive and share it - just make sure it's accessible by anyone with the link. Feel free to also let us know the exact version of Spotify you're running.

If possible, try logging in to another account (a friend's or a relative's would do) on your iPhone, or log in to your account on another device to see if the issue would persist.

Cheers 🙂

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts