Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album art takes forever to load despite connection quality

Solved!

Album art takes forever to load despite connection quality

tl;dr all images (including album art) take up to 10..20 sec to load for a good couple of weeks now.

I've been using Spotify for a few years just fine. But I had a free account. A month ago I decided to open a new account and buy Premium. My Premium is about to kick off after the obligatory 30 day trial. And what is really disappointing and annoying is this problem with album art that takes forever to load.

I use Spotify on iPhone and iPad. I connect to my home wifi, work wifi, some random friends' wifi, via cellular data. No matter what combination I use, I always experience very slow image load. And it's applicable to images only. Search works quick, music plays right away, etc. But images take up to 10--20 seconds to appear. And any type of external images: tiny thumbs in search results, in my library, larger photo in artist profile, large album art on play, etc.

At first I susspected temporary issues at your side as high load on servers, connectivity issues, etc. But after having this bad experience for weeks (since 1st of Aug, I reckon), I am very unsatisfied, and decided to report it and hope to find a solution.

I am enclosing a screenshot that I took to report another bug (so disregard slightly off layout of widgets in there), and you can see that song has been playing for 26 seconds, yet no images were loaded by then.

Spotify version: 5.7.0.1055

IMG_0038.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I did clean re-installation (to try solving another problem) and the issue seems to be gone now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I have the same problem.

i use a ipad mini 4.

Try to login with your Spotify username.

Don't login with your Facebook account.

Same problem here. Everything else is very fast. Sometimes the Artwork doesn't load at all. I'm logged in with my Spotify Username. Could it be not all artwork is optimized? Meaning some album cover are large file, taking long to download?

Marked as solution

I did clean re-installation (to try solving another problem) and the issue seems to be gone now.

Suggested posts