Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album is repeating only three songs (shuffle not on)

Album is repeating only three songs (shuffle not on)

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 15.2.1

My Question or Issue

I’ve been recently playing an album on repeat and I’ve noticed that after a while it starts only playing three songs from the album. 

I’ve tried to attach my screenshots but it’s not allowing me to upload as it’s jpeg (rather than the allowed jpg?)

14 Replies

Hi there @KoRnyGx,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

On another note, does this occur on one specific playlist or multiple playlists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, so I re-installed the app and it was going fine until this morning. It’s the same album that’s repeating and I’ve noticed it’s always repeating the last three songs off the album (Korn - Requiem).

Hi @KoRnyGx,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you send us a short screen recording which shows this behavior in action?

There's also this ongoing issue which might be affecting you, so feel free to check it out.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’ve just tried to do a screen recording but it looks like this forum isn’t supported by iPhone images or screen recordings so I can’t show what’s happening.

The last couple of days it’s played the first 4 songs, then today it’s playing the last 4 songs.

The post you tagged doesn’t really sound like my issue as it doesn’t skip, just repeats the 3 or 4 songs from a single album. I updated my app entirely but it’s still happening this morning.

Hmm, this is really odd. We aren't able to find any other reports that describe what you're experiencing.

Unless we are able to reproduce this, there's little we can do. It could be some odd account or cache issue on the device, especially if it happens just with one album.

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

you have another report of the same issue now. I have a premium account and when I play a certain album only three tracks from that album will play. I've tried clearing cache, restart phone. uninstall reinstall app using older versions as well as most recent versions. I've tried signing out on all devices, changing password and I'm sure something else but I don't remember what it was and still same thing. I've given up on it, I dont care anymore, I was just verifying the other complaint that it is legitimate. 😃

Hi there @jonleap,

Thank you for your reply and for all of the troubleshooting you've done so far! We're sorry to see that you've been having these issues. Let's continue to investigate this together.

To start with, can you let us know if this occurs on one specific device or multiple devices?

If it's possible, can you let a friend or a family member log in on your device and see if they get the same behavior? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Have a good Friday and start of your weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, I am having the same problem and it's very annoying. Is here a fix for it?

Hey @Tda1610,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please provide the details requested by @Jeremy above, so we can investigate further?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

Hello! I'm having the sake issue with 2 different albums. It will only loop 4 or 5 songs. I have a Samsung galaxy s10e.

Hey @Ewhipple,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you're running in the affected device?

On another note, is this happening if you open a different account on the affected device? It'd be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the account of a relative or a friend to open it in the affected device and check.

Lastly, is this happening if you change the internet connection you're using? Is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both? Give it a try and let us know if changing the connection makes any difference.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Same issue. MacBook and iPhone. WiFi and mobile. Reinstalled Spotify. Only plays first three songs of any playlist on an endless loop. Thanks for your help. 

Issue seems to have started for me with the rollout of new video features. 

Hey there @ThematicPDX

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the Spotify app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall on both devices, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your devices to check if the same happens with a different account? 

Lastly, could you send us the exact Spotify version of your devices? You can see this info by following the steps @AlejaR sent previously. 

Keep us in the loop. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts