Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App won't sync

Solved!

App won't sync

Hey guys,
Since a few days my spotify app on the iPhone 5 won't sync anymore. There just stands: synchronizing: 1 of 158, and it doesn't do anything. It's there for a few days and I can't synchronize any song.
What do I have to do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@davidfcutreg wrote:
Hey guys,
Since a few days my spotify app on the iPhone 5 won't sync anymore. There just stands: synchronizing: 1 of 158, and it doesn't do anything. It's there for a few days and I can't synchronize any song.
What do I have to do?

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Have you tried a clean reinstall?

Also, what type of connection are you using - 3G, 4G or WiFi? Be aware Spotify doesn't support 4G connections yet 🙂

Liam

View solution in original post

23 Replies
Marked as solution

@davidfcutreg wrote:
Hey guys,
What do I have to do?

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Have you tried a clean reinstall?

Also, what type of connection are you using - 3G, 4G or WiFi? Be aware Spotify doesn't support 4G connections yet 🙂

Liam

First of all, thanks for commenting 😉
I have not downloaded the app again because I was afraid to lose my music if it doesn't work, but I'm now gonna do it.
And I am using wifi connection.

I have the same problem, iphone 5, I have premium account, I reinstalled Spotify, still will not download playlist for offline use, I need help now! 

Hey there mzernial and very warm welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

Thanks for your question.

Have you tried to enable "Sync over 2G/3G" in Settings? Also it's fun to test this in Wifi 🙂

Let me know how this works for you today.

If any problems with Spotify in future, just come back and let me know. I will help you.

Greetings,
Jyri

Hey I am having the same issue and it started yesterday.  My playlist will no longer sync from my desktop (PC) app to my iOS iPhone 5 app.  I have tried reinstalling the app but it still isnt updating my playlist with the actual songs.  Curiously though, I am when I do create a new playlist the playlist shows up but no songs transfer over.  Please advise 🙂

I reinstalled the app and the problem is solved!

Tried redownloading the iOS app twice now.. and still not working properly (not updating the songs in my playlists)

Hey there and thanks for your question 🙂

Do not worry. I can help you with this issue.

In playlist syncing issues try to disable Internet (in mobile phone airplanemode is good).

Let me know how this works.

Greetings,
Jyri

If I put it in airplane mode, wont that block Spotify from syncing with the servers?

I think he means to turn it on and off again 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes when I toggle on/off airplane mode it works, Thanks

Hi guys

Same problem here...

Iphone 5 last ios update / premium account

French account and connected from Dubai.

Already tried everything... it won't sync offline.

753 songs, always sync 108 (and always the same songs..)

Tried on my iphone 4.. same result: it syncs the exact same songs (fyi not the songs from my personal library)!

Tried airplane mode, unistall and install the app 5 times... evend tried Spotify for ios 4...

The songs are sync on my mac for offline mode but doesn't want to work with my idevices!

Tried Wifi/LTE/3G...

Have spotify only since 2 days... 

Spotify people ?

Thx in advance for your help

I don't have an iphone but I believe the synch screen should show how much free memory is available. It may be that you need to free up some storage space. If this looks OK, please follow the troubleshooting guide here

Thw for you answer!

Made mistake in my post. It only sync songs from my personal library....

Have 8go left on my phone so it's not this kind of issue...

I am having a similar issue here - I use spotify on my iPhone 4 with all latest updates, syncing over wifi, and my phone has been stuck syncing one song for a few days now. I tried deleting it and trying another song and it still just remained with the syncing symbol going round but nothing happening!
If I was to uninstall the app, would I have to resync all my music?

@Jesse-baker wrote:
I am having a similar issue here - I use spotify on my iPhone 4 with all latest updates, syncing over wifi, and my phone has been stuck syncing one song for a few days now. I tried deleting it and trying another song and it still just remained with the syncing symbol going round but nothing happening!
If I was to uninstall the app, would I have to resync all my music?

Yes you would need to redownload any offline content you have downloaded. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same problem which just started the past couple of weeks.  Playlist songs on my desktop that I can play there only partially synch on my iPad and iPhone - although they did synch completely until recently. 

That solution doesn't work.  I went through the Troubleshooting for synching (Went to Safari on iPad Settings and clear cookies and history, deleted Spotify apps and re-installed - no improvement. 

When I connect my iPad by USB to my desktop and sych in Spotify, it is trying to download all playlist songs - several thousand - onto the iPad drive.  That is not necessary since Spotify is cloud based.  So I stopped.

I am on WiFi almost all the time when the iPad is on (although I have a 3G/WiFi ipad)

Most songs in the playlists are "greyed-out" and won't play.  But all of those songs are playable on the desktop.

BTW, on Twitter i am @bljansen and have been working with @SpotifyCares.  They are being helpful - but still no solution.

BTW - other than this problem, I LOVE Spotify and signed up for Premium (and dropped Pandora premium)

What next??

I'm having the same problem on my iPhone, and it is even impossible to sync to offline in the desktop version on my mac. It's weird as hell and started just lately, after I turned off syncing over 2g/3g. 

Ok: Solution: Turned on sync with 2g/3g and it started syncing again, but still on wifi. WIll turn off the function after it has finished. 

Exact same problem with my 4th Gen iPod touch, I've tried to see if storage space was an issue but alas it was not.

Can anybody recommend anything?

Suggested posts