Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

“Appears On” feature gone

Solved!

“Appears On” feature gone

Can someone explain what is happening? I’m a growing artist and I have a featured artist on a song, but it’s not getting a lot of plays because the “appears on” feature is wiped! I’m sure this is disabling listeners and artists. Spotify please bring this back. This is insane!!

180 Replies

this is STILL broken, if yall wanted to fix it it'd be fine, this has been gone for damn near 2 months. Come on.

Device: iPhone 8

Operating System: IOS 13.5.1

Spotify Version: 8.5.60.881

Issue: "Appears On" feature is missing.

FIX THIS PLEASE.

This feature appears to be missing from both my android device and my desktop installation of Spotify. Re-installation has done nothing at the moment, and I do hope that if this is a design decision, the team behind this would take another look at adding it back. I used this feature often and would love to continue using it. I cannot fathom what Spotify has to gain by removing already-present features.

Return this feature

I am experiencing this as well, there is no "Appears On" section

MacBook Pro 10.15.5

Spotify Version 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3

Thank You!

Same problem even after new installation.  Window 10 desktop.

To make matters worse, there's no longer a way to sort search results in alphabetical order. It's officially impossible to find other songs an artist appears on unless you know the song already. Spotify, you're literally hiding artists' songs from fans. How is this ethical? If you're not willing to fix this issue, at least give us another way to find a list of all songs on which an artist is credited. 

Please bring this back.  It introduced me to fine versions of songs my artists and other works my them.  introduced me to similar artists.  Very useful.    This feature is one of the musicology highlights of Spotify that sets is high above other streaming music services.  

SPOTIFY "APPEARS ON" MISSING FROM ARTIST PAGE: 6/7/20

DEVICES

• WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP - MICROSOFT STORE APP & LATEST DOWNOADED VERSION FROM SPOTIFY( TESTED AS OF 6/7/20)
  • IPAD IOS
  • ANDROID 10

*NOT MISSING ON SPOTIFY WEB PLAYER

PLEASE FIX!  I USE THIS FEATURE OFTEN

Hey Spotify, want to stop literally ignoring your paying customers and actually provide some decent customer service?

We haven't gotten a single update on this issue in here for so long, and it's insane that this issue still hasn't been fixed. It's so frustrating and makes me question why I'm even paying for a service that doesn't give a s*** about their customers.

Please. Fix this already. Bring this feature back, it's hurting artists and inconveniencing everyone.

The "Appears On" feature is really important for finding compilations, e.g. Bluegrass tributes albums where an artist is one among many doing new recordings of Bill Monroe or Flatt & Scruggs songs, and is even more important for Classical recordings. Often a composer may only be one among many on a record by an ensemble.

I am angry that Spotify has cheapened the user experience with several changes in the last few years and do not seem or care to respond as their users express a strong desire to have those features back.

seems like I'm shouting into the wind on this one, but I've also been missing this basic feature for quite a while now. I am an artist and my friends are artists and we rely on compilation albums to distribute our music rather than distribute them ourselves. Our artist pages are largely empty without the Appears On section, please return it. It's not missing on the web player, but it's gone from the Windows desktop app.

INCREDIBLE - leave it to Spotify to ELIMINATE a feature customers love and allows them to discover music.  Spotify being the assholes they are, continue to pretend this is a "tech" issue and in have instructed their customer service to act like idiots, telling customers to reinstall and do other crazy things when they KNOW there is no point - the FEATURE IS GONE.  SPOTIFY got rid of it.  Can you at least be honest instead of a bunch of SH#T HEADS and lie about it and pretend you don't know what is going on.  STFU

“Appears on” section is nowhere to be found after updating a month ago. This is a crucial feature!
IPhone 6s

iOS 13.4.1 

Spotify v 8.5.60

Device: Samsung Galaxy 9 / Desktop PC

Operating System: Android version 10 / Windows 10

Spotify Version: 8.5.60.1013 / 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3

Issue: "Appears On" feature is missing...

I still don't see it in the desktop and mobile apps 

I really miss this feature 🙁

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Noticed this feature was no longer ordered by release date a few days ago, which was annoying.
Now it's gone completely - Please fix

At this point all we can do it is keep voting so make sure you continue to complain post and vote. This feature is still NOT working.

Pixel 2 XL

Spotify v. 8.5.60.1013

Same issue, 'Appears On' segment is no longer on my artist profile.  This is frustrating since I have releases on compilations that are not singles, and now cannot be found on my artist page.  

Experiencing this on 3 platforms:

1.  Device OS: MacOS, Spotify Version: 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3

2. Device OS: iOS, Spotify Version: 8.5.60.881

3. Device OS: Windows 10, Spotify Version: 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3 (prior to updating to this version, I confirmed "Appears On" was still present)

For web player, does not seem to be an issue.  

First it seemed like the whole section was reorganized by popularity instead of chronologically which also sucked. Now I can't even see "appears on" on either mobile or desktop versions. Please fix. I will consider canceling my subscription if this issue isn't resolved.

Suggested posts