Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 7+

Operating System

iOS 12.2

My Question or Issue
My Spotify audio over carplay has entirely died now. Apple music works fine, siri works fine, all other apps work fine. However whenevever spotify gets to 2 secconds into a track the audio will suddenly die. I have tried everything I can to fix this. Assuming it was my phone, apple diagnosed it and said it is not an issue with the device. So I then assumed it was the car, (BMW/mini cooper S) of which after diagnostics they couldn't find the reason. Which both has led me to believe that this is issue is the app itself.

My last post got "closed" as I think it was in the incorrect group, however I cant seem to post in the group I was asked to post in. 

Thanks
Jamie

22 Replies

updqate on the problem.

issue was happening on bluetooth also. though i think this is an issue directly with the pioner headunit that i have.

i have also updated to ios 12.3 now and deleted the spotify app and re-installed. Hasnt really made the issue go away.

Hello,

I am having the same issue you have described with CarPlay on my Abarth 595. The music plays for some time and then the audio cuts and then comes back again and then goes silent. It feels like when you are listening to the radio and then drive into a tunnel, with static and white noise as well.

I have tried to reset the Abarth unit to factory settings and it didn’t do it. Tried to update iOS but it was the same.

Bluetooth streaming/connection works fine so I can still listen to Spotify, but I want to do it with CarPlay!

I had the same problem with Samsung galaxy. The songs would play but no sound would come out. I opened Youtube to see if it was every audio/video. As soon as the Youtube video started playing, the music from Spotify played too. I just quit Youtube and the music on Spotify just continued normally.

Suggested posts