Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple Watch Offline Support

Solved!

Apple Watch Offline Support

I have been a Spotify premium subscriber for the most of ten years. However I’ve decided to make the switch to Apple Music- not because I think it is a better platform- purely because Spotify continue to ignore the demand for offline playback on the Apple Watch. There are numerous requests for this on the community forum and Spotify cannot even provide an explanation for why it is not available. I’m genuinely sad to be leaving Spotify as I’m a huge fan- wrapped is one of the highlights of my year. Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon and I can return.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Good news!

Spotify now supports downloads and cellular streaming on Apple Watch. This will be rolling out over the next several weeks.

Check out this Spotify news article for more info:

Enjoy More Ways Than Ever to Use Spotify on Your Apple Watch—Now With Downloads 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @EoghanMaguire, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way. Yes, there's more information about Apple Watch and Spotify and how it works with Bluetooth here. From there, you can find info about creating a new Idea about this - and I've also passed your feedback on to the right folks. 

Hope this helps and have a great day! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Good news!

Spotify now supports downloads and cellular streaming on Apple Watch. This will be rolling out over the next several weeks.

Check out this Spotify news article for more info:

Enjoy More Ways Than Ever to Use Spotify on Your Apple Watch—Now With Downloads 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I'm sorry, Matt, but this isn't true: for many (most?) of your users, streaming on Apple Watch doesn't work and Spotify has provided no timescale for rolling the feature out to all users.  

I don't see how Spotify can justify charging two users exactly the same subscription cost, while only one of the users can stream music from their Apple Watch using Spotify. 

Spotify needs to be transparent with their users: stop fobbing them off with mistruths and misrepresentations.  

Hey @beefqueen

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear that you feel like this. 

We understand where you're coming from and can confirm that this feature is going to be officially implemented. Since it's still being rolled out, it's not available to all users yet.

However, it should be available for everyone in the coming weeks. We'd recommend always keeping your app up to date so that you don't miss it.

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass it on to the right folks here at Spotify.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Novy what is "should be available for everyone in the coming weeks" supposed to mean? Does it mean that your release process is that software from time to time "escapes" the lab and you guys have no idea what and when? Please publish when this will be available with what SW version in what market since I have already wasted a lot of time trying to figure out what what you guys claim works now and I don't want to try each time a new iPhone version gets released. How can you guys mess up something so positive as the release of this feature by doing it in such a amateurish fashion?

Hi @mrmartin19

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that you feel like this.

Keep in mind that our features roll out slowly to all users, as they have a testing phase. 

We currently don't have more info to share about this rollout, this is why we recommend keeping the app up to date. 

We'll be here if you need help with anything else. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts