runexnilsen
Regular

Ok you could try to access without the url query:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/34004895

Re: Bad Bluetooth sound quality iOS 12

Danjonesuk
Casual Listener

Thanks Rune,

I have posted on the apple link you provided.

Danjonesuk
Casual Listener

Hi Everyone,

After reading the Apple forums here:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/34017348?ac_cid=tw123456#34017348

I decided to run some tests and have figured out why this only happens in my car and how to stop this happneing via a short term fix.

I found that turning off the WIFI (via the settings menu option) that the issue stops. 

During the test, I switched off the WIFI on my phone (via the settings menu) and went for a spin in my car.

Hey presto, the issue has now gone :-).

This explains a lot, as when sat on my drive listening to music (with my WIFI switched on and still connected to my home WIFI) all was good, when the I started to drive the car the issue started to happen, so maybe this is linked to the WIFI connectivity status or when the phone is searching for a WIFI connection?

This also explains why this only happened in my car and not on my Bluetooth headsets, as I always use them at home or in flight mode.

Hopefully with all of this information, Apple should be able to diagnose the issue.

I already have a ticket open with Apple and will update them on these findings.

I would suggest everyone still reports to this Apple as this may add some weight behind a long term fix turnaround.

Kind Regrds

Dan

Jainlight
Music Fan

If anyone else finds that Dan's solution fixes the problem, could he/she post here? Thanks.

lostnote

Can confirm! Thank goodness I saw this, it was driving me nuts. 

rossmilner
Regular

Did not fix for me, tried switching the wi-fi off, and it was exactly the same.

Danjonesuk
Casual Listener

Hi,

did you switch off WiFi via the settings menu and not via any of the drag up/down menus?

you need to switch off WiFi via the settings menu.

Jainlight
Music Fan

We should stipulate so there's no confusion that there are two issues both concerning Bluetooth and iOS 12 that may otherwise be separate: One has to do with connectivity; and the other has to do with distorted playback. Everyone might want to be clear in these postings which they're talking about. Thanks.

DanteOne
Regular

Nope it’s one issue. Disabling WiFi in the settings (not in pull down menu) fixes the distortion when streaming music over BT with my iPhone X iOS 12 to my A-Class

Jainlight
Music Fan

Many thanks. As I may have mentioned elsewhere, I "resolved" my problem by downgrading back to 11.4, but I'm not sure I'll that that option again if I plunge back into 12 (or, now, 12.0.1) and still have the distortion. So I'd like to be as sure as possible before I make the upgrade again -- which both my iPhone (7+) and laptop are eager to do. 

SUGGESTED POSTS