Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify iOS keeps "forgetting" where I left off in playlists when returning to the app after awhile

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 6S PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.0.1 My Question or Issue Ever since I've upgraded to iOS 12, I've noticed a very annoying bug. It used to be in iOS 11 or before that I'd be able to leave Spotify, use other apps or do o...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 6S Plus Operating System iOS 12.0.1   My Question or Issue  Ever since I've upgraded to iOS 12, I've noticed a very annoying bug.  It u...
  • amgmamgma
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify for ios 6 has made me insane

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPod touch (also MacBook Pro, iPhone 6SE)Operating SystemiOS 6 (also OS X El Capitan, iOS 12) My Question or Issue When I first got Spotify, I used it with both my iPod touch and my MacBook Pro. I was making playlists on t...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPod touch  (also MacBook Pro, iPhone 6SE) Operating System iOS 6 (also OS X El Capitan, iOS 12)   My Question or Issue   When I f...
  • mudbucker
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Make possible to delete a song from all playlist at once

My Question or Issue:Hello everyone, please make possible to choose to delete a song from all playlists. It is very annoying and time-consuming to delete a song from every playlist you added it to. iTunes differentiated between "delete from playlist"...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue: Hello everyone, please make possible to choose to delete a song from all playlists. It is very annoying and time-consuming to delete a song from every playlist you added i...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist Idea
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Switches to "New Rap 2019" playlist mid-song

DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue My Spotify app keeps switching a "New Rap 2019" playlist mid-song every time I try to listen to anything. I've checked/cleared my queue, but this still occurs. How can I stop this from happeni...

• Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  My Spotify app keeps switching a "New Rap 2019" playlist mid-song every time I try to listen to anything. I've checked/...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Ipod Touch 2nd Gen

I used to have access to all my playlists and have them offline, now its imposible. Looks like spotify is not support old ipod touch! i there a way to have offline playlist in my ipod?PlanPremium DeviceIpod Touch 2nd GenOperating SystemiOS 4 My Quest...

• I used to have access to all my playlists and have them offline, now its imposible. Looks like spotify is not support old ipod touch! i there a way to have offline playlist in my ipod? Plan Premium...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Help
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I can't log onto my spotify iPhone app

I'm having trouble logging onto my Spotify account through my iphone app. I keep getting a message that my user name or password is wrong. I have changed my password twice. Anyway to get the issue resolved?

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having trouble logging onto my Spotify account through my iphone app. I keep getting a message that my user name or password is wrong. I have changed my password twice. Anyway to get the issue re...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 206 replies
  • 43 likes
  • 206 replies
  • 43 likes

Superuser Contribution How do i get random music to start playing and changing my music this is annoying me

why does my music randomly start changing to random music i do not listen to fix this s*** now

• Casual Listener
  • why does my music randomly start changing to random music i do not listen to fix this s*** now  
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't reinstall Spotify Premium after uninstalling

We've been using Spotify Premium on my wife's old iPad 3 and it has been working fine. However, the device was running out if storage space and I saw that Spotify was using over 2 gigs of space. And apparently the only way to clear the cache is to un...

• Casual Listener
  •   We've been using Spotify Premium on my wife's old iPad 3 and it has been working fine. However, the device was running out if storage space and I saw that Spotify was using over 2 gigs of spa...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent app changes

I am not sure if this a bug or by design, but I have noticed that radio stations have moved or changed? the artist stations I have been following and personalizing have been converted into short playlists, and when I go back to the artist page to sta...

• I am not sure if this a bug or by design, but I have noticed that radio stations have moved or changed?   the artist stations I have been following and personalizing have been converted into s...
  • scottman74
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Go To Radio Takes you to playlist and not radio

Device(iPhone Xs)Operating System(iOS 12.1.2) I used to be able to go to an artist that I like and click "Got To Radio" and it would take me to a radio station based off that artist or song. Now it takes me to a playlist. I am very dissappointed if t...

• Regular
  •     Device (iPhone Xs) Operating System (iOS 12.1.2)   I used to be able to go to an artist that I like and click "Got To Radio" and it would take me to a radio station bas...
  • ReverendRad
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! No space for download

Hi, I’m using an iPhone 7. I’ve been using Premium for several years now, but since several weeks I cannot download any playlists anymore. I keep receiving an error message which says “All filled up.Epic collection, friend. There’s no more room in Yo...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi,  I’m using an iPhone 7. I’ve been using Premium for several years now, but since several weeks I cannot download any playlists anymore. I keep receiving an error message which says ...
  • katiek_
  • Composer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • disk space
    iphone
    storage
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Whole music library un-downloaded

Plan:PremiumCountry CanadaDeviceIphone 8Operating SystemIOS 12.1.2My Question or Issue My entire library of downloaded music got un-downloaded for some reason, had to wait for 700 songs to be downloaded

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country  Canada Device Iphone 8 Operating System IOS 12.1.2 My Question or Issue  My entire library of downloaded music got un-downloaded for some reason, had to...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[All Platforms] Blocked songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemApple IOS My Question or IssueI hit the little red circle on the daily mix on a track I very much enjoyed . Now when I try to play it it is unplayable. Any way to reverse this? i know the track name...

•   Plan Premium Country USA  Device iPhone 7 Operating System Apple IOS   My Question or Issue I hit the little red circle on the daily mix on a track I very much enjoyed . N...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Desactivar Controles de reproduccion en pantalla bloqueada iOS

-Plan: Premium -Pais: Colombia -Dispositivo: (iPhone 6s)-Sistema operativo: (iOS 12.1.2,) -Mi pregunta o problema -Hola, como Desactivo los controles de reproducción de la música, para que no me aparezacan en mi pantalla de bloqueo. no quiero que nad...

• Casual Listener
  • -Plan:  Premium  -Pais: Colombia   -Dispositivo:  (iPhone 6s) -Sistema operativo:  (iOS 12.1.2,)     -Mi pregunta o problema     -Hola, como Desact...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS 12
    iphone
    reproduccion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Scrobbling local files/playlists issue

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone 8, Macbook Pro)Operating System(iOS 12.1.3, Mojave 10.14.2) My Question or IssueFor the past week or so when I create a playlist using local files, it will not scrobble, and I've never had this issue before. I'm a ...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone 8,  Macbook Pro) Operating System (iOS 12.1.3, Mojave 10.14.2)   My Question or Issue For the past week or so when I create a playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App language

PlanPremiumCountryNorway DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.1.2 My Question or Issue I travel quite often from Norway to Spain (live in Norway). For some odd reason the spotify app have decided that it will use Spanish as language all the time. Bac...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Norway  Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.1.2   My Question or Issue  I travel quite often from Norway to Spain (live in Norway). For some odd reas...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Explicit Content Stuck

Everytime i open Spotify I have to confirm that I want to hear explicit content. It’ll be ok for 2/3 songs then it’ll grey out all explicit songs again automatically.

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime i open Spotify I have to confirm that I want to hear explicit content. It’ll be ok for 2/3 songs then it’ll grey out all explicit songs again automatically.  
  • Charliesolo52
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lock screen: always open

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 7plusOperating SystemiOS 12.1.2 My Question or IssueIs there a way to keep the lock screen controls always open on the lock screen? If I pause a song, then unlock my phone to check something, the lock my phone, the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 7plus Operating System iOS 12.1.2   My Question or Issue Is there a way to keep the lock screen controls always open on the lock screen?&nb...
  • CyMule82
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Where did artist playlists go?

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDevice(iPhone XS)Operating System(iOS 12.1.2) My Question or Issue Ever since the new spotify update, I don't see artist featured playlists on their profile page. Has this feature been removed from the mobile iOS app? ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device (iPhone XS) Operating System (iOS 12.1.2)   My Question or Issue   Ever since the new spotify update, I don't see artist featured ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Trying to link Premium account to Echo Dot. Says browser does not allow pop ups but they have been e

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device iphone7Operating System iOS 12.1 spotify will not link to Echo Dot saying browser won’t allow pop ups but they have been enabled and message keeps coming back.

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device iphone7 Operating System iOS 12.1     spotify will not link to Echo Dot saying browser won’t allow pop ups but they have been enabled and mes...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes