Bad Bluetooth sound quality iOS 12

Jemi

Hey everyone,

We recommend that you get in touch with Apple regarding this. For any other questions or issues, feel free to create a new topic and we'll make sure to help you out. 

All the best!

Re: Bad Bluetooth sound quality iOS 12

cscottrun
Regular

11.4.1*

Jainlight
Music Fan

Thanks.  That's my understanding as well, so I would like to hold off on upgrading back to 12 until I feel a lot more confident about a resolution.

rossmilner
Regular

Yeah my car doesn't have a USB connection OR carplay, so I'm **bleep** until they fix whatever this issue is.

cscottrun
Regular

10/18/18 - Update - Results of tests ran this morning.  As a reminder, I am experiencing intermittent treble issue (high pitch noises like cymbols click in and out).  

1. Sirius XM and FM/AM Radio in car - No issues. Playback is normal.

2. Bluetooth from iPhone - Intermittent treble issues.

3. Lightning Cable from iPhone to USB port in my car (with carplay disabled on my iPhone) - Intermittent treble issues. 

4. Lightning Cable from iPhone to USB port in my car (with carplay active and operating) - No issues. Playback is normal.

5. Lightning Cable from iPhone into Apple's 3mm converter directly into the auxilary port in my car - Test not run. Will update with results this evening or tomorrow morning.

Does the difference in results in tests 3 and 4 proove that this is not a bluetooth issue? What could be causing playback issues over USB but only when carplay is inactive? 

Can anyone with a carplay capable vehicle run the same tests and confirm their results?

cscottrun
Regular

Idk why I'm having trouble posting this unless the forms censor out brand names, but all tests were run on my i phone X S running i os 12 and in my Je ep Gran d Cherokee running  J eep's uconnect software.

gabeo
Casual Listener

I've been searching for MONTHS trying to even find someone else with teh same issue. I can confirm i have this exact same issue in my cars with iOS12. I noticed it as soon as i tried out the betas back in the summer. 

My issue does not occur when using the USB cable in my BMWs. But with Bluetooth the issue is there. I'm going to try turning off the wifi as i've seen suggested previously.

cscottrun
Regular

Is your issue with treble like me?

Also, I created a thread on macrumors.  Please also post your complaints over there as there are far more eyes on that forum than this one: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-12-audio-treble-issues.2148361/

gabeo
Casual Listener

Ok i'll post there too!

Yes treble issue. It sounds like the top 5khz it's being cut off, then it comes back. repeatedly. it's AWFUL.

cscottrun
Regular

Yup, same problem as me and it is indeed awful.  Once you notice it, your **bleep** and you can't even enjoy the music anymore. 

Mixpower
Regular

With the 12.0.1 update I can't listen to music through Bluetooth at all, tried re-pairing multiple times and did a fresh install but still the same.

I can call through Bluetooth in the car but when I go to Media it says "Not connected" so the new update killed music playback through Bluetooth all together for me.

EDIT: Put the Xs Max in DFU and installed the firmware again from iTunes, did a complete restore from iCloud and was able to restore Bluetooth again but the issue still remains with the 12.0.1 update. I can confirm that disabling the Wifi from Settings does resolve the issue for me!

SUGGESTED POSTS