Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth library browsing

Bluetooth library browsing

Hello Spotify Community,

is there any way to browse Your Music library over bluetooth? I have no problem playing content over bluetooth in my car, but I just cannot switch to other album, playlist etc.. And that is truly showstopper for me. I'd like to use Spotify (and pay for it) but without this functionality it's no go. BTW. Google Play Music application doesn't support it either. So I'm using Apple Music, which does allow me to browse my complete library.

Am I doing something wrong (maybe some settings)? Or is there any way to develop such feature/support?

Last tried on Spotify version 7.8.0.404. On iPhone SE wit iOS 10.2.1. Connected to Mazda 6 2015 with MZD Connect 56.00.513 EU N (but I don't really think it's about the car).

Thank you

IMG_7152.JPG
IMG_7153.JPG
IMG_7154.JPG
8 Replies

It might be some native feature that is exclusive to Apple's own music app that allows it to show the library over bluetooth and this feature might not be open to third party apps. My car's screen only shows bluetooth track info such as album, artist and title, nothing else, so I can't really can't test it out and help. When I use the USB media port in my car it only works for Apple's music app. I have to use bluetooth to get some music information. So I think it must be something only the native Apple music app supports.

Maybe someone else in the community can help out if they know anything else

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

True, it might be native feature. But that has to be confirmed by someone, who understands the world of iOS and Bluetooth communication protocols.

So I thought, someone from Spotify development team could know. I find it as one function to consider for future at least. Until then, I am not able to change playing album using cars' infotainment system. I have to use phone. That force me to use Apple Music.

In my Volvo V90 2017, i can browse the library with all playlists using Google Music, it's not possible with Spotify. I use Samsung S8+, and it's the same with my girlfriend's iPhone 7

I have the same issue but Google play works for selecting artists/albums, just not spotify. I have a 2017 mazda CX3. I've heard that it is possible as long as you have the latest update but it still doesn't work for me

In my car Spotify is only app which doesn't show playlist!

Other apps like Google Play Music shows playlists, artists etc

@Spotify can you fix this issue please?

Me too.

If I use Play Music in my Nexus 5X, I can browse my play list in the car (BMW Series 2)

I would also like the possibility to browse the Playlists through the Car Multi Media System (Audi 2016 MMI).

I know that Apple Music is working, so it can‘t be a technical problem.

I don‘t know why in the year 2018 you can‘t afford such simple features! 

Maybe some of the tech-guys here can make a Statement if this feature is planned in Future App Updates or not.

If not i have to think about switching to an Apple Music Premium Account.

I have the same issue too. I can browse my entire library through the stock iOS music app, but Spotify just throws an error. Pretty much breaks Spotify in the car, unless Mazda (in my case) can work with Spotify for some proper integration, as is already the case with Stitcher.

Or Mazda add Carplay of course, which may happen sometime within the next 3 or 4 thousand years.

Suggested posts