Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clear Queue??

Solved!

Clear Queue??

Somehow my entire song library was added to my queue and I really need a way to clear it. I know how this may be done on PC/Mac but how do I do it on my iOS? Playing a different context/playlist does not work.
113 Replies

If you don't have the dot go to first song and keep skipping to the end then it will go back to normal!!!!! IM SOOO HAPPY 

As for any IT application, users have some great ideas. Right here, it's the "Delete Queue" functionality that should simply clear the Wating Queue.

I have the same annoyance as the other users, but spotify please just do it. Like other IT vendors who love to deliver what the customers want.

I recently had the same problem but I juts figures it out. If you go to your queue list there will be two categories. Your queued songs from the play list and your normal songs. Next to the songs there will be a clear circle to the left before the song and you can tap on that and select all the songs in queued that you can then remove from then playlist. Which then goes back to normal. 

is is possible to disable this freaking option ?
i do not want a queue ..  and there is no one on this planet who would tell me otherwise
how can i disable it ?

I had the same issue and I agree with all of you they should have a clear button but they don’t do let’s make do. Anyway at the top right after you skip a song there should be 3 lines and maybe a number once you click in the three lines you scroll all the way down and click the last song all of the songs should delete. You can also click on the songs and it will play them and then disappear. Good luck!🤗

No blue dot here either. Looking for way to delete or replace queue without selecting one song at a time.  Iphone 6 version

So I was just scrolling trough here, looking for the answer. Started fiddling around with my phone and BOOM!! I stumbled upon it: 

1. Scroll to to the bottom of the playlist. 
  2. Place your finger on or near the hamburger to the right (the three lines), and swipe to the right. All the songs except for the bottom will disappear. 

That doesn't work (in the desktop or mobile app). When I click the last song it just moves it to the front of the queue. This issue (as well as the issue where Spotify plays random songs instead of the actual playlist) is really making me want to switch over to GPM.

The songs don't disappear upon playing the last song in the queue, at least not with the version of Spotify I have (1.0.80.474.gef6b503e (Windows Store version)) . There isn't a blue dot anywhere either.

It's ridiculous we have to wrestle with unwanted songs in the queue.

if the queue is from a playlist, create a playlist with one song, and the one song playlist will override the other one.

Seriously still a problem? This is a super pain when driving - you can't exactly skip 100 songs manually while on the road, and I havenb't been able to get around it any other way/

I just stumbled on this thread in trying to find a solution to what I thought was a very simple problem.

Sigh. I guess it's back to Google Play Music.

this is insane that I cant clear que and there are no que buttons. Absolutley the most horrible UI

I had the same issue. I didn't see a blue dot either, but what you do is go to the last song in your queue and hit play and the songs above it will disappear. In my case, I had 100s of songs queued so I had to go back to the bottom of the list to clear the songs above it.

Hope this helps!

Playing the last song doesn't work if you're playing a Playlist - the queue just fills up again with songs from the Playlist. However, if you add an album to the queue, and then play the last song on the queue, the queue will clear.

Tidal lets you manage the queue in a common-sense manner, and the best sound quality option definitely sounds better than Spotify. Tidal has greatly expanded their catalog recently. But Tidal has occasional server errors which can be awkward with guests; the Spotify servers and Spotify Connect are rock solid. I subscribe to both.

Completely agree with Userlost.

This is driving me completely crazy. I think I'll go back to iTunes

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community.

We realise this has been a source of frustration for many people, so we are here to help 🙂

First, since this is an old thread which goes back quite a long way in time, we would like you to update us on what issue(s) you are currently experiencing.

Furthermore, since the issue with the clear queue option was first raised, a clear play queue button has been implemented. You can check out the post here.

There have been several queue-related issues lately which might be interfering with the clear queue function, so this might be the reason behind it.

In any case, just keep us posted on what's happening, and we'll do our best to help you out 🙂

Take care,

P

no matter what I do - the queue gets reset to the start of the list. 

No blue dot

Using Android and playing via spotify.

This is a major fail. I have to use the Sonos app to play my list. 

I have no idea why you have made this so hard. Clearly not living in the real world.

Totally agree. 

This mysterious "Clear" button just doesn't seem to exist. And I'm using a MacBook.

Hey there @alstarkbyron and @Benny,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this.

Could you confirm for us the version and number of the Spotify app you're currently using?

Keep in mind that you can clear the queue in your mobile or tablet device by following these steps:

1. Tap the Now Playing bar.
  2. Tap Play Queue  in the top-right corner.
  3. Tap  to the left of the tracks(s) you want to remove.
  4. Tap REMOVE.

Note: It’s not possible to view the Play Queue, remove specific tracks, or change the order of tracks on iPad.

We'll be keeping an eye on your reply!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts