Solved! Go to Solution.
If you have an iPhone with the spotify app as well as an iPad then you can do this:
1.Make sure they are both on the same wifi network
2. Have the music playing on the iPad
3. Open spotify on the iPhone
- it should pop up and ask if you want to listen on this iPhone or continue listening on the iPad --> Select keep listening on the iPad
4. You should now be able to control the music playing on the iPad from the iPhone
5. Find the "Play Queue" icon in the top right (i think) of the iPhone app and go into the queue.
6. Here you can select and remove tracks from the queue and it will clear it on the iPad.
7. Bob's your uncle! A bit of a pain but ultimately useful :)