Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clear Queue??

Solved!

Clear Queue??

Somehow my entire song library was added to my queue and I really need a way to clear it. I know how this may be done on PC/Mac but how do I do it on my iOS? Playing a different context/playlist does not work.
113 Replies

Is there some reason why Spotify has such an annoying policy??

Why on earth  not just ahve a simple "Clear Queue" function????

Apple Music is beginning to look more appealing....:(

I scrolled all the way to the bottom of my queue and there is no blue dot just round circles that I could click on and remove individually but that’s over 100 songs and I don’t know if that’s going to remove them from my playlists can somebody help

As stated by several others in this thread, go to the last track in the queue and play it.  All the rest of the queue disappears.  Obvious, huh? Er, no...

I can't **bleep**ing believe there is no clear queue button AND that you can't shuffle the queue! I've used many many different players since 2003 and this is the first one with a queue list that doesn't have clear queue or shuffle functionality. 

Must be some good crack the devs are smoking.

It works! 

Oops posted in wrong thread.

Google Play music.

I have to log off so lastfm doesn't add many times the same song it's first in the queue and I'm not listening

Wow is that a moronic design. It never occurred to them that clearing a queue would be a common operation?

By experimenting here's what solution I use. I have made a playlist with only one song, I click on it to play, then there is only one song in total to play and everything gets cleared. Now you can go and start queuing . Now there won't be any other song. After testing I have a little idea of how Spotify works. When the last song of the playlist ends Spotify again queue the same playlist so using only one song in a playlist is the best idea. And also there is an Autoplay play feature in settings of Spotify app which you can disable if you don't want Spotify to play radio for the similar song or playlist when your queue ends. And if you are planning to go to some other service don't go Spotify hash the best user experience, trust me I have tried all, even apple music but I come back to Spotify. 

As of December 2017, for iOS users still no easy solution to Clear Queue. I think that the problem might be related to transferring between desktop (OSX) and iOS?

I did find a brute force solution: just forward through every track in the queue. Even though I had a hundred or so songs from a Christmas list that were just not going to cut it at work, repeated presses on the forward button took only a few seconds.

Hope that helps.

That's just ridiculous.. I wish there was an official explanation from the developers so i could at least understand the decision. It's another basic feature missing in the player. Spoify developers, could you please imagine the following situation: You are DJ at a party and want to seamlessly change the music. Now you are sitting around for half an hour to delete thousands of songs? Are you really music fans or just making fun of us? ^^

as someone has said earlier. play the last song on the queue.

its a workaround. spotify just gets worst over time. when i subscribed it had lyrics. 2 years ago they removed it saying a new function is coming out. think its time to try apple music or google play music.

I just signed up to Premium using Windows app which showed empty queue.  It also automatically loaded 1005 Local Files from my computer.

I played the first song I wanted from the Local Files.

Checked Queue and found all my 1005 Local Files have been loaded to the Queue (same as OP 2 years ago).

This problem HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED.

Response please Spotify.

More and more annoyances like this show up... No real shuffle-button, so Spotify just ends up regurgitating all the songs you have already played lots of times. No button for clearing the queue. Forced sharing of everything you do unless you manually turn it off every friggin time... I don't like apps that blatantly ignore my wishes... AND Spotify ignores design-guidelines set forth in ALL OS'es I've tested their clients... The close-button is for terminating the app... Not for minimizing... That is what the friggin minimize-button is for... How the **bleep** can they get that wrong, and not even add an option to select this behaviour? The Android App has become a hot mess too if you try to find a setting... UN-intuitive with lots of missing stuff, and menus not accessible unless you are on the right screen/page... Breaks all UI/UX guidelines for user friendly UIs... Keeps me looking for options I some times never find... And What good is the playlist-radio when it just comes up with worse clones of my favorites or just plays the songs I know how to find myself? What good is a close button that just minimizes? Even the Chromecast integration sucks on Desktop clients.... Web-player just work on a third of Linux distros, and when it doesn't, it just complains about missing drm... No hint at what packages are needed, or how to fix it, and no help from anyone... More and more reasons show up to find a service that listens to, and help their paying customers... And that don't annoy everyone with WEIRD design that doesn't stick to standards... This SUCKS hard for anyone who ever used a real media player with a big library... I am currently, and will continue looking for alternatives...

I had exact same problem.  I like U2....but I don't to hear only them for the rest of my life.   

Scroll to last song, play it, then go back to your normal music.  Deletes the queue.

Spotify is far from perfect but I agree with @Tyrannicaluncle Spotify does have the best overall experience. I’ve been using Spotify for several years and I’m now back after my third attempt to leave and try something else (mostly Apple Music as I’m 100% iOS / macOS). 

May I suggest that if any of you do see problems then don’t rant as some in this and other threads do. Instead do what @Tyrannicaluncle and some of the others have done - provide constructive feedback for the forum and/or to the team.

(Also ranting is bad for your blood pressure and makes you look a bit of a **bleep**)

Thanks @Tyrannicaluncle for this suggestion. I’ll try it 🙂

If youre having the problem that spotify is playing the songs and looking to clear the quene it could be the problem with how many songs you have. I had less than 15 songs in one playlist and spotify plays random songs to fill the gap. Hope this helps

I'm using on a mac and can't clear the queue at all. Going to switch to soundcloud for my music. Too annoying to listen to the same podcasts over & over & over w/o being able to clear them. Tried every option above and can't clear my hundreds of songs & podcasts from the queue. Tired of listening to the same **bleep** over & over. Subscription cancelled.

You could tap all of the songs you have queued but If that would take to long scroll down to the bottom of you list and press the last song that is queued. It should get rid of all the songs that are above it.

Hello I suffered from this too. I however do not have that dot. What do I do??

Suggested posts