Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clear Queue??

Solved!

Clear Queue??

Somehow my entire song library was added to my queue and I really need a way to clear it. I know how this may be done on PC/Mac but how do I do it on my iOS? Playing a different context/playlist does not work.
113 Replies

no it isn't it just brings that forward.  I seem to have 100s in my Q somehow and not getting below 99+ after skipping incessantly for 5 minutes... ridiculous for the sake of a small function

I've tried all of the suggestions & nothing has helped. I've logged out & back in, played the last song in the queue (as soon as another song plays, the queue returns), deleted all of the songs in the queue (as soon as another song plays, the queue again returns!) & uninstalled & reinstalled the app. The up next list is still there as soon as I log in. It's annoying. Can anyone help? If not then I'll delete my account & find another music app to pay for.

I had around 1500 songs queued, but when I logged out and logged back in it emptied my entire queue. Hope this helps!

So annoying.. is there different functionality on the iOS app than the Android app?  No blue dot, I've played the last song and it just brings it to the top of the large queue, I've selected the last song and "removed" and it only removes that one song.  The worst part is it no longer plays a whole album when I click on the first song like it used to.  Now it only plays the first song then moves into the queue that Spotify has picked.  Please fix this! 

Easiest way I found was to play the very last song on the queue list it'll clear all songs before this and repeat until queue is clear hope this helps

Playing the last song in the queue doesn't work, neither did logging out and logging back in. There was also no blue dot allowing me to clear the queue since I accidentally added a playlist that was about 1000+ songs long.  

Only way I was able to fix it was to uninstall and reinstall the app.  It would be wonderful to have the option to clear the queue up at the top of the screen instead of at the bottom.

Thanks!

Thank you! That's so far the only that works very quickly.
Said another way: Scrill all the way down your queue to the last song, and play it. Queue now gone! 🙂
Hopefully Spotify inserts a "Clear Queue" button, but until then, above is the simplest solution.

So there is basically no clear queue solution? Really?

Not exactly,
But super easy. As mentioned above, scroll to the last song on the queue, tap it to play it, and done! 🙂 I hope that works for you as it did for me when I had over a thousand songs queued!

Thanks for the help. When I click on the last song to play it, it does
just that-plays it, and the queue continues.

There's no blue dot any more 😞

This is incredibly frustrating and quite ridiculous. iPhone 6, iOS 10 - playing last song in queue doesn't clear the queue, there is no blue dot.

If you have an iPhone with the spotify app as well as an iPad then you can do this:
1.Make sure they are both on the same wifi network
2. Have the music playing on the iPad
3. Open spotify on the iPhone
- it should pop up and ask if you want to listen on this iPhone or continue listening on the iPad --> Select keep listening on the iPad
4. You should now be able to control the music playing on the iPad from the iPhone
5. Find the "Play Queue" icon in the top right (i think) of the iPhone app and go into the queue.
6. Here you can select and remove tracks from the queue and it will clear it on the iPad.
7. Bob's your uncle! A bit of a pain but ultimately useful 🙂

Utterly daft that the only way to clear a large queue on an iPhone is to launch the desktop Spotify. It worked for me though. Hope I'm not on a road trip and accidentally queue up a playlist.

I hate having to guess at everything w/this iOS interface.

I can't even find the queue button since the update two days ago the top corner is blank. Can someone tell me if it's a bug in the release or how to fix it

This is not solved.

On iOS, there is now way to view the play queue. In order to be able to play whatever I actually want to listen to – eg a playlist or radio – I had to swipe or skip through all the queued items.

I'm guessing this is a regression or due to an update, as I've never noticed it before and it's extremely frustrating! Note that the queued tracks were from a day or so ago on a different device.

Hi, I've got an annoying problem that I need help with please.

I listen to spotify a lot. Mostly through our Google Home device. When I ask it to 'Play some music on Spotify' she obliges. However, without fail it's the SAME number of songs every time. Given my large selection of playlists the Queue is always full of the same songs (on my desktop app - mac).

I've followed the advice of highlighting the whole queue, right clicking then removing songs from the queue. I then fast forward to the end of the last song, listen to the last few seconds before waiting to see the new queue appear..

It then fills it with the SAME SONGS as before!!! Really frustrating. Can you tell me how to influence the queue if we've not created one manually.

Thanks

Yeah, that kinda works. Still a very hacky solution, and giving the that this has been an issue for some time now based on the time stamps of other comments tells me that the Devs at Spotify are either:

1) Lazy

2) Too Jr Level that they don't know how to implement such a trivial feature

3) don't give a **bleep** about their software

wow can't believe this is still not fixed, considering how many threads i found on it going back for years. this is untenable and doesn't jive with the way i like to listen to my music and arrange playlists on the fly. i feel bad cancelling because the service gives me access to tons of great music but i'd rather just purchase or rip them from CDs i own and use iTunes than deal with these hoops just to clear my queue and arrange a playlist while on the go.

I am using iPad and this is how I did,

go to library at the bottom (three lines, one tilted). Then, at the top list there is tab for "playlist". Touch that. You get your personalized playlist. At the left bottom of that screen, you will find an up pointing arrow. Touch that and you get the whole list of the queued songs and albums. You can then touch ny of them to skip all ones that were above that list. To void the entire queued list, go to the last song and that will be the last of the queue.

Hope that works for you.

Giri

Suggested posts