Announcements

Constant skipping and pausing

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Constant skipping and pausing

IPhone 6
iOS 10.1.1
Verizon 6.8.0
I have 0 playlist and when it happens I just either close voice control or just unplug the headphones is it my phone or the app please get back to me
Highlighted

This still happens to me, but only when I have my earphones on. I've bought multiple earphones to check if the problem is just my previous earphones but it happened on the other earphones that I have. It also activates voice control, it used to activate siri but i disabled it. I just really back out of voice control and try to play the song i want and just give up and unplug the earphones once it keeps on pausing and whatever
I'm using an iphone 6, ios 10.2 spotify version 6.8.0.3786
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I'm having the same problem.

1. I have an Iphone 7plus.

2. ios 10.2.1. (but started happening with previous ios version and is still happening)

3. I can't find which Spotify version it is but I just did a clean reinstall so it's the latest version.

4. The app skips when the music is playing - I'm usually walking around town with my iphone in my pocket when it skips but it does the same thing when I'm motionless. It's not a hardware issue because I have a brand new phone - I went and got a new phone because I thought it was a hardware issue. I experienced the same problem with my old phone and the new phone. The music stops and then starts. It skips songs both forward and back.

5. I have 70 playlists.

This is a really annoying problem. If it can't be resolved, I'm going to cancel my subscription.

Any help wouldbe appreciated.

Thank you.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Guys I think I've found a solution to this annoying iOS update! Close Spotify, unplug your headphones, bring up the mini menu by swiping up and select Lock portrait orientation. So far my music has been playing smoothly
IMG_0934.PNG
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I use sotify all the time  on my phone and this is really anoying it only happens when my phone is moving and i have it in my pocket and walks it will pause, skip songs and skip a little bit of the from PLEASE HELP I WILL DIE IF I CANT FIX THIS

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I am having this issue and nothing I've tried (including deleting the app and redownloading, updating the software, soft reset of the device, checking the settings etc.) has not worked. The same issue has presented itself on my iPhone 5s and my current model iPod touch- which leads me to believe it's an interaction issue between the iOS operating system and Spotify rather than the device being faulty.

It's frustrating because it's a service I'm paying for and really like - but I'll probably need to cancel my account if it continues too much longer
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Tried this and it didn't work for me 😞
Thanks for the tip though.
Seems like I've tried everything suggested has been failing on both of my devices. Almost time to cancel the subscription I think
Highlighted

Casual Listener
I realized that the skipping was caused by the dongle on my iPhone. I replaced it and the problem was solved.
Highlighted

Try this one: 

Settings=> Display & Brigthness => disable the Raise to Wake 

Seems to work for me. 

EDIT: didn't fix the issue after all. THis is getting really annoying and I'll switch to the free version soon if this is not fixed. I don't want to pay for a service that doesn't work.

Highlighted

I'm experiencing the same problems as all the above. I have :
Spotify 8.3.0.681
Samsung galaxy S6
Android G920TUVU1AOC9
I have about 20 odd playlists or therabouts.
SUGGESTED POSTS