Constant skipping and pausing

Solved!

Constant skipping and pausing

rmfwoody
Casual Listener

I have an iphone 5. The app pauses and skips songs whenever I carry my phone around or put it in my pocket. Basically, songs pause and/or skips while the phone is in motion. Sometimes my voice control randamly appears, as well, but I'm not sure if this is corelated to the issues I'm having with Spotify. Although, it only happens when the app is running. AND, just recently, I would close the app but music would start playing whenever I open another app while Spotify is closed. It sounds like either my phone is going haywire or there are some serious bugs in the recent updates. 

Also, I've noticed that these issues all started for me when the new "running" feature was launched.

Please help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Constant skipping and pausing

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hi there, welcome to the Spotify Community! 

Let's try to troubleshoot this issue with you. 

First of all, please try a clean reinstallation. This can resolve many common issues. 

If you're still having trouble after a reinstall, please let us know the following details:

1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 5S)

2. Exact operating system (e.g. iOS 8.3)

3. Spotify app version installed (2.2.0)

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching? 

5. About how many playlists do you have?

If you could get back to us with those details it would be great. Thanks!

OviiiOneRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Solution!

UncleLawSchool
Music Fan

I solved my problem. The issue was with my earphones.  I used the standard apple earbuds that come with the phone. I had this set for a year or more.  The issue was in the white piece on the earphone that has the buttons for volume control and pause. Sorry, not sure what the part of the earphone is called.

Anyway, I read that that may have been the cause of my problem. So I tried someone elses earphones and they worked fine. I bought new earphones yesterday and the guy at Best Buy told me its a common problem with apple earphones.

So new earphones may solve your issue. Hope this helps

117 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hi there, welcome to the Spotify Community! 

Let's try to troubleshoot this issue with you. 

First of all, please try a clean reinstallation. This can resolve many common issues. 

If you're still having trouble after a reinstall, please let us know the following details:

1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 5S)

2. Exact operating system (e.g. iOS 8.3)

3. Spotify app version installed (2.2.0)

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching? 

5. About how many playlists do you have?

If you could get back to us with those details it would be great. Thanks!

OviiiOneRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

rmfwoody
Casual Listener

I think that may have solved it.

Thank you!

dahsif

I have the same issue. I am a paying customer and this is really annoying.

i deleted and reinstalled the app (clear reinstall)on my iphone 6 ios 8.4. I'm using earphones if that helps. When I put the phone in my pocket, or lower it, the track pauses. It doesn't even do it systematically, but randomly.

I checked the settings, and there is nothing there to disable (like motion recognition)

can you please fix it? 

janoval

Same problem here. Really annoying. Could it have something to do with using headphones with built in controls in them? Like volume dials or other sorts of buttons on the actual headphones? 

Majanymann
Casual Listener

I have this problem as well! This is super annoying and I can no longer listen to music when walking or moving around at all. My ipohone 5 has never done this before with any music streaming app. When I am walking or carrying my phone (when the phone is in motion) my spotify music will randomly skip to the next song, stop all together, or fast forward the song I am listening to, please help!

Alxdff
I have the same problem with my iPhone 6! Constantly pauses when I walk around, or when I put lower iPhone in my pocket. Happens with two different kinds of earphones (both audio technica )

Any ideas?

Visitor
I have an iPhone 6s, iOS 10.1.1 and Spotify version 6.8.0.3786. I recently uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify and turned on Siri, but turned it off on the lock screen. This didn't help the issue, it will still randomly turn on Siri or pause the music. Now when I am browsing my email while listening to music it will randomly bring up Siri and on the lock screen. It will also start scrubbing through the song at 10sec intervals and won't stop unless I restart the app. I have also restarted my phone.

wynnyjones
Hi there did reinstalling the app solve the problem as I have the same issue

MicahMoPhoto
Casual Listener
I'm having this issue. I've only noticed it in the last day. And tested by shaking my phone to cause it to pause.
Spotify 7.1.0.1025
Samsung galaxy s7.
Android 6.0.1
Last night I was streaming over Chromecast and with my phone no where near me, songs started skipping. Today it was randomly pausing in the office so I signed out on all devices to be sure I wasn't being trolled. Also did a clean install. Still pauses If I shake or toss my phone.
I've probably got 100+ playlists.
SUGGESTED POSTS