Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Constant skipping and pausing

Solved!

Constant skipping and pausing

I have an iphone 5. The app pauses and skips songs whenever I carry my phone around or put it in my pocket. Basically, songs pause and/or skips while the phone is in motion. Sometimes my voice control randamly appears, as well, but I'm not sure if this is corelated to the issues I'm having with Spotify. Although, it only happens when the app is running. AND, just recently, I would close the app but music would start playing whenever I open another app while Spotify is closed. It sounds like either my phone is going haywire or there are some serious bugs in the recent updates. 

Also, I've noticed that these issues all started for me when the new "running" feature was launched.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there, welcome to the Spotify Community! 

Let's try to troubleshoot this issue with you. 

First of all, please try a clean reinstallation. This can resolve many common issues. 

If you're still having trouble after a reinstall, please let us know the following details:

1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 5S)

2. Exact operating system (e.g. iOS 8.3)

3. Spotify app version installed (2.2.0)

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching? 

5. About how many playlists do you have?

If you could get back to us with those details it would be great. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I solved my problem. The issue was with my earphones.  I used the standard apple earbuds that come with the phone. I had this set for a year or more.  The issue was in the white piece on the earphone that has the buttons for volume control and pause. Sorry, not sure what the part of the earphone is called.

Anyway, I read that that may have been the cause of my problem. So I tried someone elses earphones and they worked fine. I bought new earphones yesterday and the guy at Best Buy told me its a common problem with apple earphones.

So new earphones may solve your issue. Hope this helps

View solution in original post

117 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there, welcome to the Spotify Community! 

Let's try to troubleshoot this issue with you. 

First of all, please try a clean reinstallation. This can resolve many common issues. 

If you're still having trouble after a reinstall, please let us know the following details:

1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 5S)

2. Exact operating system (e.g. iOS 8.3)

3. Spotify app version installed (2.2.0)

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching? 

5. About how many playlists do you have?

If you could get back to us with those details it would be great. Thanks!

I think that may have solved it.

Thank you!

I have the same issue. I am a paying customer and this is really annoying.

i deleted and reinstalled the app (clear reinstall)on my iphone 6 ios 8.4. I'm using earphones if that helps. When I put the phone in my pocket, or lower it, the track pauses. It doesn't even do it systematically, but randomly.

I checked the settings, and there is nothing there to disable (like motion recognition)

can you please fix it? 

Same problem here. Really annoying. Could it have something to do with using headphones with built in controls in them? Like volume dials or other sorts of buttons on the actual headphones? 

I have this problem as well! This is super annoying and I can no longer listen to music when walking or moving around at all. My ipohone 5 has never done this before with any music streaming app. When I am walking or carrying my phone (when the phone is in motion) my spotify music will randomly skip to the next song, stop all together, or fast forward the song I am listening to, please help!

I have the same problem with my iPhone 6! Constantly pauses when I walk around, or when I put lower iPhone in my pocket. Happens with two different kinds of earphones (both audio technica )

Any ideas?

I have an iPhone 6s, iOS 10.1.1 and Spotify version 6.8.0.3786. I recently uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify and turned on Siri, but turned it off on the lock screen. This didn't help the issue, it will still randomly turn on Siri or pause the music. Now when I am browsing my email while listening to music it will randomly bring up Siri and on the lock screen. It will also start scrubbing through the song at 10sec intervals and won't stop unless I restart the app. I have also restarted my phone.

Hi there did reinstalling the app solve the problem as I have the same issue

I'm having this issue. I've only noticed it in the last day. And tested by shaking my phone to cause it to pause.
Spotify 7.1.0.1025
Samsung galaxy s7.
Android 6.0.1
Last night I was streaming over Chromecast and with my phone no where near me, songs started skipping. Today it was randomly pausing in the office so I signed out on all devices to be sure I wasn't being trolled. Also did a clean install. Still pauses If I shake or toss my phone.
I've probably got 100+ playlists.

IPhone 6
iOS 10.1.1
Verizon 6.8.0
I have 0 playlist and when it happens I just either close voice control or just unplug the headphones is it my phone or the app please get back to me

This still happens to me, but only when I have my earphones on. I've bought multiple earphones to check if the problem is just my previous earphones but it happened on the other earphones that I have. It also activates voice control, it used to activate siri but i disabled it. I just really back out of voice control and try to play the song i want and just give up and unplug the earphones once it keeps on pausing and whatever
I'm using an iphone 6, ios 10.2 spotify version 6.8.0.3786

I'm having the same problem.

1. I have an Iphone 7plus.

2. ios 10.2.1. (but started happening with previous ios version and is still happening)

3. I can't find which Spotify version it is but I just did a clean reinstall so it's the latest version.

4. The app skips when the music is playing - I'm usually walking around town with my iphone in my pocket when it skips but it does the same thing when I'm motionless. It's not a hardware issue because I have a brand new phone - I went and got a new phone because I thought it was a hardware issue. I experienced the same problem with my old phone and the new phone. The music stops and then starts. It skips songs both forward and back.

5. I have 70 playlists.

This is a really annoying problem. If it can't be resolved, I'm going to cancel my subscription.

Any help wouldbe appreciated.

Thank you.

Guys I think I've found a solution to this annoying iOS update! Close Spotify, unplug your headphones, bring up the mini menu by swiping up and select Lock portrait orientation. So far my music has been playing smoothly
IMG_0934.PNG

I use sotify all the time  on my phone and this is really anoying it only happens when my phone is moving and i have it in my pocket and walks it will pause, skip songs and skip a little bit of the from PLEASE HELP I WILL DIE IF I CANT FIX THIS

I am having this issue and nothing I've tried (including deleting the app and redownloading, updating the software, soft reset of the device, checking the settings etc.) has not worked. The same issue has presented itself on my iPhone 5s and my current model iPod touch- which leads me to believe it's an interaction issue between the iOS operating system and Spotify rather than the device being faulty.

It's frustrating because it's a service I'm paying for and really like - but I'll probably need to cancel my account if it continues too much longer

Tried this and it didn't work for me 😞
Thanks for the tip though.
Seems like I've tried everything suggested has been failing on both of my devices. Almost time to cancel the subscription I think

I realized that the skipping was caused by the dongle on my iPhone. I replaced it and the problem was solved.

Try this one: 

Settings=> Display & Brigthness => disable the Raise to Wake 

Seems to work for me. 

EDIT: didn't fix the issue after all. THis is getting really annoying and I'll switch to the free version soon if this is not fixed. I don't want to pay for a service that doesn't work.

I'm experiencing the same problems as all the above. I have :
Spotify 8.3.0.681
Samsung galaxy S6
Android G920TUVU1AOC9
I have about 20 odd playlists or therabouts.

Suggested posts