I have the same problem I've tried everything that's been said in here (reinstall etc. Spotify version 184.108.40.2066 iPhone 7 version 10.3.1 While it still does pause and skip while stationary it does it much more often when I'm moving around. And as I'm a premium member this is especially frustrating and there doesn't seem to be any help from Spotify itself.
What I've found that actually does somewhat help is double tapping the home button; closing Spotify, disconnecting and reconnecting the headphones, then starting Spotify, my original fix didn't last long or work but this really is the only solution I found
I'm not sure if you have the same issue, but what I noticed was the dongle (lightning to headphone jack) was causing the issue. I tested by just moving around the dongle while music was playing and it would pause, skip, etc as it would in my pocket. Maybe get a new one or use the lightning headphones that came with the 7?
i have uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice and still hasnt solved my problem. The music also plays even though I have quit the app.
1. Exact Device: iphone 6
2. Exact operating system: 10.3.1
3. Spotify app version installed: 8.4.0
4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? it happens when the phone is unlocked and locked and can be from when i am putting it in my pocket or just holding it in my hand
5. About how many playlists do you have? I have/follow approx 50 but currently none are downloaded offline
I've just finished reinstalling it and I still have the exact same problem. My phone is an IPhone 6 IOS 10.3.1, Spotify version 8.4.0, it mainly happens when I start a song, within the first twenty seconds it will pause and then sometimes start to play again and it won't stop skipping the song 10 seconds at a time, I desperately need to this stop, I have around 270 songs but don't really use playlists just listen to my music straight from the saved songs section. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
I have the same issue with my iphone 6 and the latest version of the software. My songs pause and skip while listening, usually wheni ts in my pocket. I deleted the app and reinstalled and it seems to be worse even. Please help
This is not solved. Please keep looking into what the issue is.
1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 5S)
2. Exact operating system (e.g. iOS 8.3)
3. Spotify app version installed (2.2.0)
spotify version 220.127.116.112 (did a reset and re-download yesterday)
4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching?
Typically happens in my pocket and when in motion. Really annoying in the gym. Really annoying all the time actually. Sometimes it pauses and restarts by itself. Other times I have to manually press play again.
5. About how many playlists do you have?
About 20-25 playlists
Getting close to cancelling subscription, please fix.