Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Constant skipping and pausing

Solved!

Constant skipping and pausing

I have an iphone 5. The app pauses and skips songs whenever I carry my phone around or put it in my pocket. Basically, songs pause and/or skips while the phone is in motion. Sometimes my voice control randamly appears, as well, but I'm not sure if this is corelated to the issues I'm having with Spotify. Although, it only happens when the app is running. AND, just recently, I would close the app but music would start playing whenever I open another app while Spotify is closed. It sounds like either my phone is going haywire or there are some serious bugs in the recent updates. 

Also, I've noticed that these issues all started for me when the new "running" feature was launched.

Please help.

117 Replies

I think this might be the problem. Thank you!

Hello - i am having the exact problem mentioned in this post - here's my info:

1. Exact Device: 7

2. Exact operating system iOS 10.3.2

3. Spotify app version installed 8.4.3.884

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? Running or walking while listening 

5. About how many playlists do you have? 6 

My issue turned out to be a headphone issue. New headphones resolved it!

Same with me

the problem isnt with your earphones **bleep** its software.   spotify, make an option to turn off things like speech detection opening google app and other accesibility options please.

get back to me on that,

Hi I've followed the recommendations and still face the same issues.

1. Exact Device: iPhone 6S
2. Exact operating system: iOS 10.2
3. Spotify app version installed:
4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching?
I don't even have to do anything to trigger the skips and pauses. I am on earphones when they happen. Sometimes leaving the phone flat on the table causes Siri to load, movements may cause either pause and play, or skips. Recently, the fast forwarding is more frequent and cannot be paused. I've skipped to a next song and back and both songs will start at 10s keep on fastforwarding.
5. About how many playlists do you have? More than 20. Usually I play my songs from the Songs library.

NOT SOLVED because all of these **bleep** iPhones are still doing the same thing! SO here's the ACTUAL solution: STOP buying JUNK phones just because you're trying to keep up with the Joneses! You want something to work? Go with an Android phone. You want something that makes you feel all special like you're actually important and have some function in this world besides taking up space and using up precious oxygen? OH, and you don't mind the darn thing NEVER working properly, then go with Crapple. Complete garbage.

I am having the same issue, but mine is on a iPod Touch. It's 4th generation and Spotify is kept up to date. I can easy be sitting down and it starts to act up. I can easily finish 1 song, goes to commercial break, then goes into a music skipping fit.

Along with all of these other people, I have the same problem. It has gotten so bad at this point that sometimes I can't even listen while sitting down because moving my phone one inch on any direction will cause it to shuffle play rapidly. This can happen at any time, and sometimes when I'm doing something important it will open the mic and just quit the all that I'm currently using. This is extremely annoying and I feel like my life is a struggle because if this app that I payed money for. You guys need to get it together and fix this problem

My problem was in the earphones. New earphones should solve your issue.

My problem was in the earphones. New earphones should solve your issue.

1. Exact Device iPhone 6

2. Exact operating system: iOS 10.3.3

3. Spotify app version installed: 8.4.11.1105

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? It is when I am walking or moving about. On any playlist it self pauses and self plays a lot. When seated it's generally fine

5. About how many playlists do you have? 3 or 4

My phone has recently started doing this, I have an iPhone SE, operating system 10.3.2, Spotify version 8.4.11.1105, and it happens when I'm walking around with my phone in my pocket and headphones in

I have the same issue. I wonder if it is down to headphones with inbuilt microphones. 

Sev.

I am amazed at how old the OP is, and how this problem still persists. I have a 7s, and still have this problem. Seriously, Spotify, FIX IT

FOUND A FIX. I have an iPhone 7 Plus, and I had this issue. Siri would be activated, music would skip and pause, it was very annoying. If you have an iPhone 7 plus then you know that there is no headphone jack. So the phone comes with an adaptor for you to use other headphones that you own. This issue kept happening with whey pair of earbuds and headphones that I used. I came to the conclusion that it may be the 3.5mm jack to lightning adapter. Today I went to Apple and I purchased a new adapter after the worker told me to schedule an appointment or get new headphones for $30 or more. I tested the new adapter and it fixed everything. No more pauses, Siri, and one side of the headphones playing music. So I recommend purchasing an adapter for $9 if you have an iPhone 7. Thank you and best of luck.

I've tried a clean re-installation and this issue is still persisting.  I have a iphone 6s with ios 11.0.1. Spotify version 8.4.18.632. The pausing and re-starting and changing songs usually happens when my headphones are in and I am walking or running with my phone. I've got 17 playlists. Please help me fix this or else I will need to get rid of my Spotify membership.

iPhone 7

iOS 10.2.1

Spotify version 8.4.8.467

I'm usually out of the house when songs skip and pause etc. When it happens it's hard to stop it. Plus it only happens when I'm using headphones.

I have about 9 playlists

I have exactly the same issue... I have an IPhone7 ios11.0.1 when I’m walking the music pauzes, skips all the time... It’s really annoying. I’ve this issue with my Apple earpods that comes with the iPhone and also with my bose headphones (with Lightning to 3,5mm Jack adaptor) Anyone knows a solution for this?

I am having this issue too. It's started in the last month on my iPhone SE, which was new in June.

Spotify is up to date version wise.

If I play music when walking or at the gym the tracks stop and start or skip through the song. Sometimes it gets into a weird loop start and stopping the song constantly. It's making Spotify practically unusable for me as can't start playing songs and put the phone in my pocket or bag without this happening.

I will try new earphones but I think it's an issue with Spotify personally. 

I have turned Wake to Raise and Siri off. I have my phone orientation locked so I know none of these fix it.

Will give it another week and then cancel my subscription as Spotify seem to be uninterested in sorting this. 

Suggested posts