Constant skipping and pausing

Solved!

Constant skipping and pausing

rmfwoody
Casual Listener

I have an iphone 5. The app pauses and skips songs whenever I carry my phone around or put it in my pocket. Basically, songs pause and/or skips while the phone is in motion. Sometimes my voice control randamly appears, as well, but I'm not sure if this is corelated to the issues I'm having with Spotify. Although, it only happens when the app is running. AND, just recently, I would close the app but music would start playing whenever I open another app while Spotify is closed. It sounds like either my phone is going haywire or there are some serious bugs in the recent updates. 

Also, I've noticed that these issues all started for me when the new "running" feature was launched.

Please help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

OviiiOne
Community Legend

Hi there, welcome to the Spotify Community! 

Let's try to troubleshoot this issue with you. 

First of all, please try a clean reinstallation. This can resolve many common issues. 

If you're still having trouble after a reinstall, please let us know the following details:

1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 5S)

2. Exact operating system (e.g. iOS 8.3)

3. Spotify app version installed (2.2.0)

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching? 

5. About how many playlists do you have?

If you could get back to us with those details it would be great. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Solution!

UncleLawSchool
Music Fan

I solved my problem. The issue was with my earphones.  I used the standard apple earbuds that come with the phone. I had this set for a year or more.  The issue was in the white piece on the earphone that has the buttons for volume control and pause. Sorry, not sure what the part of the earphone is called.

Anyway, I read that that may have been the cause of my problem. So I tried someone elses earphones and they worked fine. I bought new earphones yesterday and the guy at Best Buy told me its a common problem with apple earphones.

So new earphones may solve your issue. Hope this helps

117 Replies

Majanymann
Casual Listener

I have this problem as well! This is super annoying and I can no longer listen to music when walking or moving around at all. My ipohone 5 has never done this before with any music streaming app. When I am walking or carrying my phone (when the phone is in motion) my spotify music will randomly skip to the next song, stop all together, or fast forward the song I am listening to, please help!

Alxdff
I have the same problem with my iPhone 6! Constantly pauses when I walk around, or when I put lower iPhone in my pocket. Happens with two different kinds of earphones (both audio technica )

Any ideas?
Solution!

OviiiOne
Community Legend

Hi there, welcome to the Spotify Community! 

Let's try to troubleshoot this issue with you. 

First of all, please try a clean reinstallation. This can resolve many common issues. 

If you're still having trouble after a reinstall, please let us know the following details:

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching? 

If you could get back to us with those details it would be great. Thanks!

rabz-_dbuc4xi

Hi I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 android 7.0. The app version is 8.4.55.521 armV7. The skipping/pausing has only started in the last few weeks for no apparent reason. I already tried a reinstall and only have 1 playlist. Any suggestions much appreciated. 

Steelergirl68

It does it in my phone also.  My phone is an iPhone 7S Plus, my IOS is 11.3, but I don’t know my Spotify version. 

Desireemountain
Casual Listener

Hi spotify, 

still having this problem with an iPhone 7 plus. Can we fix this problem? And please be fair! I have tried everything in this topic and nothing works. I Will stop subscribe if this problem Will not be solved. 

user-removed
Not applicable
Hey! Help arrive! Could you tell your experiencing issue please?
Also it would be better if you can provide a screenshot.
Thank you 😊

funkyfreshjess

1. Exact Device: iPhone 5S

2. Exact operating system iOS 11.2.6

3. Spotify app version installed: 8.4.43

Walking, riding bike, screen locked, headphones in, music playing, phone in pocket or hand. 

Shumphrys
Casual Listener

1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 5S) - iPhone 7
2. Exact operating system (e.g. iOS 8.3)- iOS 11.2.6
3. Spotify app version installed (2.2.0)- 8.4.42
4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching? - when I’m walking and my phone is in my hand or pocket
5. About how many playlists do you have? - 5

craigduff
Casual Listener

The skipping is happening for me on ALL of my devices and it is making hate Spotify, which I normally love.  It is skipping songs at about the 40-second mark and if the program is open on my mac while I'm doing other things, it'll start playing random songs. 

iPhone 6S; MacBook Pro 2014 Retina Display running El Capitan; New iPad running IOS 10.3.3

iPhone version 10.3.3; MacBook Pro El Capitan 10.11.6; iPad 10.3.3

Have removed and replaced with latest version on both iPhone and iPad; running 1.0.74.380.g1fcff12a on MacBook. 

Playing songs on Spotify and trying to enjoy them. Then yelling obscene words when they skip to the next some. 

About 10

craigduff
Casual Listener

PS - I don't use Siri, though I do have a Firestick on my TV. 

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey, I’ve had this too for the last two weeks, out of nowhere! Already tried a complete reinstall, which hasn’t worked.

1. Exact Device - iPhone 6s
2. Exact operating system - 11.2.5
3. Spotify app version installed - 8.4.40
4. Nothing. I put into my pocket or move around walking or looking at other apps and it starts skipping/pausing.
5. I have 24 playlists

wrennox72
Casual Listener

I have an LG V20 with Android 7.0 and Spotify 8.4.39.693 armV7. It does the same thing for me, mostly when I'm walking around or have my phone in my pocket. It'll skip 3 or 4 songs at a time sometimes and pause and play randomly with headphones plugged in. I have 30-40 playlists. 

KateMalone101

1. Exact Device:  iPhone 7 Plus
2. Exact operating system: iOS 11.2.5
3. Spotify app version installed: 8.4.38.634
4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? It happens when I have my earphones in and as soon as I move my phone or put it in my pocket the track skips.

5. About how many playlists do you have? 3

Swaenx
Casual Listener

Hi,

i unfortunately have the same issues.

1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 5S) : iPhone 7

iOS.11.2.5

I have version 8.4.37.704 installed (I have done the latest update)

It’s at different times, sometimes when the app is open And I’m searching for songs/downloading, sometimes when I just have my phone in my pocket.
I already tried deleting the app and re installing it but that didn’t help.

5/10 And I follow about 50 I guess (most arent offline available

Thank you in advance 

pasatoix

Hi Spotify,

I have an Iphone 6S and I recently installed the new IOS 11.2.2. The Spotify version that I have is 8.4.35 and I am a Premium user which is why this bug has been bothering me a lot recently. I believe the problems began since I updated my IOS, and I even tried re-installing the application, however that did nothing else but un-download all of the songs I had previously saved to listen to offline. What typically happens is I would just listen to music (with my headphones in) and it would just stop and start by itself, skip the song, rewind, or just activate Voice Control ALL by itself without me doing or touching anything. It is supremely annoying and I would be more than glad if you could fix it.

Best,

Simona (a devoted, but currently disappointed Spotify user)

AsterixInSpace

I have the same infuriating issue, constantly skipping back and forwards and for some reason keeps opening Siri. Reinstallation didn’t fix.

i have a feeling might be something to do with headphone remote playback controls too.

iphone 6, iOS 11.2.1, I have 5 playlists.

mfriesen789

I have an iPhone 6s and am running on IOS 11.2. My Spotify version is 8.4.28.1104. My phone keeps skipping or pausing whenever I put my phone in my pocket it seems but it doesn’t seem to be a certain position that skips it. I just deleted a bunch of playlists so I only have 1 as of right now. Thanks for your help. 

Skatterbassen

I have an iPhone 6 with the iOS 11.1 operating system and the 8.4.28.1104 Spotify version. When I play music from the Spotify app, it constantly pauses the song, skips the song or fast forward in the song. Siri also randomly turns on, but only when playing music on Spotify, and I have literally no control over any of it. I have tried reinstalling the app but that didn’t work, sooo any solutions?

user-removed
Not applicable

Be careful if you have an Apple Watch.   The music control app just appears as your watch face and you can accidentally hit it putting your hand in a pocket or bag.  I almost blew out a bunch of speakers because the Digital Crown acts a a volume control and I hit it and spiked the volume to 11. 

It’s spotify.  It happened to me a lot.  Different iPhones 6+ through 8+ and not only on the iPhone but once or twice on a desktop (Mac). Song stopped and would only play for a few seconds and stop again. Lots of weird **bleep** (apparently cr@p is not cool language) on iOS. 

Close Spotify on all your platforms and devices when your not using it.  I believe that I am correct and that they are all connected through Spotify’s servers and Spotify knows which device SHOULD be the one your pressing play on.  They are concerned that you are logged in as 2 different people Not in a family, Not living at the same physical address, Not paying them for two of you.

This is why you can magically change what song is playing in Spotify on a different device and it then asks you which device you will be listening on... your previous device is still trundling along running an instance of Spotify though... Seamless handoff or works good enough as is. Cr@p software.  

James12346

iPhone 7

iOS 10.2.1

Spotify version 8.4.8.467

I'm usually out of the house when songs skip and pause etc. When it happens it's hard to stop it. Plus it only happens when I'm using headphones.

I have about 9 playlists

SUGGESTED POSTS