Constant skipping and pausing

Solved!

Constant skipping and pausing

rmfwoody
Casual Listener

I have an iphone 5. The app pauses and skips songs whenever I carry my phone around or put it in my pocket. Basically, songs pause and/or skips while the phone is in motion. Sometimes my voice control randamly appears, as well, but I'm not sure if this is corelated to the issues I'm having with Spotify. Although, it only happens when the app is running. AND, just recently, I would close the app but music would start playing whenever I open another app while Spotify is closed. It sounds like either my phone is going haywire or there are some serious bugs in the recent updates. 

Also, I've noticed that these issues all started for me when the new "running" feature was launched.

Please help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

OviiiOne
Community Legend

Hi there, welcome to the Spotify Community! 

Let's try to troubleshoot this issue with you. 

First of all, please try a clean reinstallation. This can resolve many common issues. 

If you're still having trouble after a reinstall, please let us know the following details:

1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 5S)

2. Exact operating system (e.g. iOS 8.3)

3. Spotify app version installed (2.2.0)

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching? 

5. About how many playlists do you have?

If you could get back to us with those details it would be great. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Solution!

UncleLawSchool
Music Fan

I solved my problem. The issue was with my earphones.  I used the standard apple earbuds that come with the phone. I had this set for a year or more.  The issue was in the white piece on the earphone that has the buttons for volume control and pause. Sorry, not sure what the part of the earphone is called.

Anyway, I read that that may have been the cause of my problem. So I tried someone elses earphones and they worked fine. I bought new earphones yesterday and the guy at Best Buy told me its a common problem with apple earphones.

So new earphones may solve your issue. Hope this helps

117 Replies

user-removed
Not applicable

I've tried a clean re-installation and this issue is still persisting.  I have a iphone 6s with ios 11.0.1. Spotify version 8.4.18.632. The pausing and re-starting and changing songs usually happens when my headphones are in and I am walking or running with my phone. I've got 17 playlists. Please help me fix this or else I will need to get rid of my Spotify membership.

Cass8
My phone has recently started doing this, I have an iPhone SE, operating system 10.3.2, Spotify version 8.4.11.1105, and it happens when I'm walking around with my phone in my pocket and headphones in

tessat1987

1. Exact Device iPhone 6

2. Exact operating system: iOS 10.3.3

3. Spotify app version installed: 8.4.11.1105

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? It is when I am walking or moving about. On any playlist it self pauses and self plays a lot. When seated it's generally fine

5. About how many playlists do you have? 3 or 4

John00112234
Along with all of these other people, I have the same problem. It has gotten so bad at this point that sometimes I can't even listen while sitting down because moving my phone one inch on any direction will cause it to shuffle play rapidly. This can happen at any time, and sometimes when I'm doing something important it will open the mic and just quit the all that I'm currently using. This is extremely annoying and I feel like my life is a struggle because if this app that I payed money for. You guys need to get it together and fix this problem

UncleLawSchool
Music Fan
My problem was in the earphones. New earphones should solve your issue.

skully_xbones

I have the same issue. I wonder if it is down to headphones with inbuilt microphones. 

Sev.

UncleLawSchool
Music Fan
My problem was in the earphones. New earphones should solve your issue.

SaraHaniz
Hi I've followed the recommendations and still face the same issues.

1. Exact Device: iPhone 6S
2. Exact operating system: iOS 10.2
3. Spotify app version installed:
4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching?
I don't even have to do anything to trigger the skips and pauses. I am on earphones when they happen. Sometimes leaving the phone flat on the table causes Siri to load, movements may cause either pause and play, or skips. Recently, the fast forwarding is more frequent and cannot be paused. I've skipped to a next song and back and both songs will start at 10s keep on fastforwarding.
5. About how many playlists do you have? More than 20. Usually I play my songs from the Songs library.

emwallerstein
Casual Listener

Hello - i am having the exact problem mentioned in this post - here's my info:

1. Exact Device: 7

2. Exact operating system iOS 10.3.2

3. Spotify app version installed 8.4.3.884

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? Running or walking while listening 

5. About how many playlists do you have? 6 

LittleBlue1980
Casual Listener
My issue turned out to be a headphone issue. New headphones resolved it!

UncleLawSchool
Music Fan
Same with me

Gpilet3
Casual Listener
I am having the same problem. I have reinstalled and I have updated my phone logged out logged back in restarted my phone and still Spotify continuously pauses and skips. Siri randomly appears sometimes too (not sure if that's relevant.)

ferdianwijaya
Hi. I still encounter the problem even after reinstalled it. Here's the detail:
1. iPhone 7 Plus
2. iOS 10.3.1
3. Spotify app ver. 8.4.1.772
4. Randomly skips track (but mostly pause the music) when I lower my phone or put it inside my pants' pocket, even though I have locked the screen to make sure it's not accidentally pressed.
5. I only have 7 playlists that I created myself.

jjweakley

This is not solved. Please keep looking into what the issue is.

1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 5S)  

iPhone 6s

2. Exact operating system (e.g. iOS 8.3)

iOS 10.3.1

3. Spotify app version installed (2.2.0)

spotify version 8.4.1.772 (did a reset and re-download yesterday)

Typically happens in my pocket and when in motion. Really annoying in the gym. Really annoying all the time actually. Sometimes it pauses and restarts by itself. Other times I have to manually press play again.

5. About how many playlists do you have?

About 20-25 playlists

Getting close to cancelling subscription, please fix.

Robbiem12
Exactly the same issue so annoying
Solution!

UncleLawSchool
Music Fan

I solved my problem. The issue was with my earphones.  I used the standard apple earbuds that come with the phone. I had this set for a year or more.  The issue was in the white piece on the earphone that has the buttons for volume control and pause. Sorry, not sure what the part of the earphone is called.

Anyway, I read that that may have been the cause of my problem. So I tried someone elses earphones and they worked fine. I bought new earphones yesterday and the guy at Best Buy told me its a common problem with apple earphones.

So new earphones may solve your issue. Hope this helps

Gpilet3
Casual Listener
I think this might be the problem. Thank you!

UncleLawSchool
Music Fan

I have the same issue with my iphone 6 and the latest version of the software.  My songs pause and skip while listening, usually wheni ts in my pocket.  I deleted the app and reinstalled and it seems to be worse even. Please help

dylanlpickles13

1 iphone 5s

2 ios 10.3.1

3 spotify version 8.4.1

4 all the crashing happens when im walking or even sitting in a chair

5 i have 6 playlists

Adamc2202
I've just finished reinstalling it and I still have the exact same problem. My phone is an IPhone 6 IOS 10.3.1, Spotify version 8.4.0, it mainly happens when I start a song, within the first twenty seconds it will pause and then sometimes start to play again and it won't stop skipping the song 10 seconds at a time, I desperately need to this stop, I have around 270 songs but don't really use playlists just listen to my music straight from the saved songs section. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Svogels03

i have uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice and still hasnt solved my problem. The music also plays even though I have quit the app. 

1. Exact Device: iphone 6

2. Exact operating system: 10.3.1

3. Spotify app version installed: 8.4.0

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? it happens when the phone is unlocked and locked and can be from when i am putting it in my pocket or just holding it in my hand

5. About how many playlists do you have? I have/follow approx 50 but currently none are downloaded offline

SUGGESTED POSTS