Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Constant skipping and pausing

Exactly the same issue so annoying
Highlighted
Solution!

Music Fan

I solved my problem. The issue was with my earphones.  I used the standard apple earbuds that come with the phone. I had this set for a year or more.  The issue was in the white piece on the earphone that has the buttons for volume control and pause. Sorry, not sure what the part of the earphone is called.

Anyway, I read that that may have been the cause of my problem. So I tried someone elses earphones and they worked fine. I bought new earphones yesterday and the guy at Best Buy told me its a common problem with apple earphones.

So new earphones may solve your issue. Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi. I still encounter the problem even after reinstalled it. Here's the detail:
1. iPhone 7 Plus
2. iOS 10.3.1
3. Spotify app ver. 8.4.1.772
4. Randomly skips track (but mostly pause the music) when I lower my phone or put it inside my pants' pocket, even though I have locked the screen to make sure it's not accidentally pressed.
5. I only have 7 playlists that I created myself.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Same issue here. Really annoying. Can't walk with music as it just stops or pauses. I reinstalled Spotify, signed out of all devices, updated latest iOS but it still pauses when the phone moves even the slightest bit?
Highlighted

Is there a solution to this? I recently started having the same issues. I tried using my friend's earpiece and adapter and it seems to be working fine with my phone. Not sure which is the issue, the iphone, earpiece, spotify app or the adapter. I just bought the premium account and this problem is very disappointing. Can Spotify please look into this problem here? Thank you.

Highlighted

Music Fan
Yes, the problem was with my earphones. New earphones and everything works fine again
Highlighted

Music Fan

The problem was in earphones. New earphones and everything works fine again

Highlighted

Casual Listener

That worked! Thank you!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
So I've also noticed it's in the earphones. Specifically If the headphones have a microphone price. I used to use my turtle beach Xbox one headset with the microphone detached and the music would still skip. However once I used a regular pair of headphones without a mic part I can flip the phone and the music won't skip.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
I am having the same problem. I have reinstalled and I have updated my phone logged out logged back in restarted my phone and still Spotify continuously pauses and skips. Siri randomly appears sometimes too (not sure if that's relevant.)
SUGGESTED POSTS