Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 13

Operating System

iOS 15

My Question or Issue

Content won’t load when using a cellular connection.

When I open the app the ‘connecting’ status appears at the bottom of the screen (and stays there) but the app never connects.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, updating iOS and restarting the phone, which seems to solve the issue momentarily but then it happens again.

I have tested the cellular connection and it seems to be working perfectly, it is only the Spotify app that is affected.

A solution to this would be greatly appreciated as I am currently limited to only using the app when wifi is available.

41 Replies

i am also having this issue and spoken to optus/apple and spotify support. 

i am running iPhone 13 Pro Max with the latest operation system 15.1

and spotify app 8.6.74.1541

i have done the below: 

Reset my phone

deleted the app and reinstalled

logged in on another account. 

yet the only way i can get my app to connect is by turning my phone on aeroplane mode on and off then it works. 

confusing part is my spotify account works on my work computer (microsoft) and my sansung TV. 

super annoying considering everytime i get in the car i either have to reset my phone or turn aeroplane mode on and off for it to work. 

Hi folks! 

Thanks for the info you've sent so far. 

@Swampoholic, since the issue you mentioned is different to the one most users are experiencing in this thread, we'd recommend creating a new thread. We'll carry on with the help there. 

@jak_you, thanks for sending us this info. Take your time to test with a WiFi connection to check if that makes the difference. 

@Antonios11,could you let us know if the issue persists when you're using WiFi?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

So since the latest spotify update mine seems to be working perfect.. it was obviously a IOS 15 glitch on Spotify’s side 

Same issue for me , can’t stream / play Spotify over the Apple Watch 

I’ve tried factory reset data network however the connection issue comes back after a while. Any suggestions on fixing this.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We also suggest that you make sure there's no pending updates on your device.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

IPhone 12, Watch 7 with cellular, both with the latest OS’s

Problems:

Failing to load downloads. Stuck on “loading”

Failed to stream any content over cellular

Tried all Spotify’s recommendations without any resolution. Then noticed another user posted to LOG OUT BEFORE REMOVING THE APP. This appears to be the critical step, and at least for now, fixed everything. So steps are:

Log Out of Spotify

Remove App from Phone

Power restart both Phone and Watch

Reinstall and log in to Spotify on Phone

Then download songs to Watch

Go on a run without your phone and listen to downloaded songs. IF YOU HAVE CELLULAR, then switch to a playlist you haven’t downloaded and see if that works.

Will update in a few days to note if this fix is permanent.

Thank you to the user that posted to LOG OUT first!!!

Spotify: Please update your instructions to log out before removing apps. There is no need to Pair/Unpair the watch either, which btw is a giant pain in the **bleep** to ask your users.

Spotify Plan: Premium
Spotify Version: 8.6.84.1363

Device: iPhone 13 Pro Max
Operating System: iOS 15.1.1

Cellular Provider: Telstra

Same Issue

When I open the app the ‘connecting’ status appears at the bottom of the screen (and stays there) but the app never connects.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, and restarting the phone, no change.

Switching "Airplane Mode" on the off seems to temporarily solve the issue but then it happens again.

Other stream services work fine with the cellular connection, it is only the Spotify app that is affected.

Also noticed I cannot login to Spotify while on the cellular connection.

Same issue still, I have the latest version of the app and the latest update on iPhone 13Pro. Completed all above steps and still not working. I can’t even log on to the app anymore. Contacted technical support who could only tell me they were ‘aware of this issue’ however it has been weeks and still have not resolved it. This does not seem to be a priority for Spotify. I recommend cancelling your premium subscription and requesting a refund for the period that this has been occurring. Seems like Spotify might lose a couple of customers to Apple Music. 

Spotify Plan: Premium
Spotify Version: 8.6.84.1363

Device: iPhone 13 Pro Max
Operating System: iOS 15.1.1

Cellular Provider: Telstra

Same Issue

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, and restarting the phone, no change.

Switching "Airplane Mode" on the off seems to temporarily solve the issue but then it happens again.

Other stream services work fine with the cellular connection, it is only the Spotify app that is affected.

Also noticed I cannot login to Spotify while on the cellular connection.

I have the same as above. No Spotify on mobile data. Works ok on wifi 

Same issue - won't play while connected to data. Will work with WiFi...

Deleted app, restarted phone, reset network settings, etc.

I downloaded an updated version, and the way I got it to play the songs that were greyed out while using data, was by pressing the new 'enhance' button underneath the playlist name, in the playlist window. Once unclicked, the songs return to being greyed out and unplayable. - iPhone 12 Mini, Spotify version: 8.6.84.1353.

Exact same issue also on iPhone X. Telstra. Updated iOS and Spotify. Can’t access on cell, only wifi. 

Mine has just started doing this.

Iphone 11 ios15.1

Boost Mobile

spotify version 8.6.84.1353

Have done the clean reinstall and still the same.

My wife has exactly the same and hers is working fine.

any solutions?

I rang Telstra this morning and it’s fixed now.

They actually didn’t say what they did but the lady Kym said that the techs were on to it. They asked me if mobile data was enabled for Spotify which it was then said they did something their end. They told me to restart my phone and check Spotify which fixed it no more greyed out songs. Kym called me back within 10 minutes to check how I went. Mention to them that it might be an APN issue. 

It appears many of us have the same issue.  Im with Tesltra and my wife and daughter are with Optus and theirs are ok so this may be the issue someone mentioned?

Is your wife with Optus.?

Same issue here but wife is fine.  Im with Telstra

Same issue here.  Wife is with Optus and Im with Telstra.  Wife phone is fine.

Someone suggested its a Telstra issue?

So is yours fine? Still have the same issue ongoing and I have tried all the fixes???

I am having the same issue - Spotify wont connect when on mobile data but will connect on WiFi.

I'm on an iPhone 13 Pro / latest iOS / Telstra. Any ideas on a fix?

I'm on Telstra and have tried everything- - but still not fixed 😞

Who do you call at Telstra?

Suggested posts