Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Control Center on iOS 11

Solved!

Control Center on iOS 11

Hello all,

I updated to iOS 11 last night, and with the control center changes that came along, I can’t seem to use the pause/play button from the control center. 

The button is grayed out as if it’s been disabled. The previous and next buttons work fine. I’ve put a screenshot down, if anyone knows why this is so, if it’s a bug or otherwise. 

Thanks for the help,

1C5F0DFE-FC18-4935-8C06-EFC0C8D3C3D6.png
58 Replies

Had the same issue with the control center (spotify tracks not showing, buttons greyed out) as well as with Spotify not showing on the lockscreen. 

Iphone se -> ios 11.0.3

Someone suggested deinstalling apple music app completely instead of just turning it off via the settings.

Voila...after a restart of my IPhone everything works fine. 

Hopefully this issue won‘t reappear.

Here's a screen capture video of what I'm talking about. This happened to me again this morning and it temporarily went away after I restarted my iPhone7. A few hours later, it was back. The issue did not occur for a few days once I installed iOS11.0.3, but returned once Spotify was updated. This issue is NOT caused by iOS updates, it is Spotify missing something every time they push out a new update for their app.

The annoying part is that this isn't just a bunch of users having a habit of using the control panel to change the song, it affects users who use their bluetooth headphones and car controls to change/pause/resume songs as well. With the control panel functions greyed out, we lose this ability as well. 

Please fix this!

I don't see why I need to keep restarting my phone multiple times every day just to use your app!

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem in my 6s. But also, after control center crash, I don't see sound level animation when chaning volume level with side buttons, sometimes there is no sound when calling somebody, no sound at all, no signals, no voice. Restart fixes it, but only for about one day. I thought it was spotify, but I looked into logs, and I saw that all aps that have something with music crash (YouTube, Twitter, Spotify...). I confirmed it when I caught moment when control center crashed. I woke up, checked if control center is ok - it was ok, then I opened twitter. It crashed, checked control center and it was also crashed. Then I checked logs, and I found twitter crash log from that moment. I've got in logs many instances of mediaserverd log - I think it is some iOS system deamon for controlling music. For me it looks like iOS problem, not spotify, but like I heard from Apple support: "nobody was reporting such a problem before". Allow your iPhone to send logs to apple and developers, maybe some day they will figure it out. 

Hello! 

Did you have problems using spotify when you connected it to the car...before deleting the app, and restarting the phone?

I don’t think it’s just Spotify bc it does the same thing with the podcast app. I can’t pause and change the volume without going directly to the app

This isn’t just happening with Spotify for me—it’s happening with Podcasts as well. It’s happening exactly as you described. 

Hi all, did you update to iOS 11.1? For me it solved these bugs - now it is 11th day since I didn't have crash.

Yeah, unfortunately on 11.1 I'm still having the same problems. Not worth writing because everyone above has described it exactly as I'm experiencing it.

After reading the thread it does seem like an Apple problem. I've been having other minor iOS issues that I never had any problems with before iOS 11. So frustrating that its been going on for so long.

Ok so this seems tedious but it’s worth not being pissed off by this situation. 

So I deleted the Music app, reset my network settings, reset my phone and then redownlaoded the Music app and now Spotify works perfect in my car and I can change songs using the keys in my steering wheel again like it used to before this update. 

Odd, but whatever works right?

Ill report back tomorrow if it starts acting up again

You must delete the Apple Music App and your problem will be solved. 

I deleted my music app and my car said "no content found" and wouldn't play
anything at all

Right.

This fix was intended for Spotify fix on iOS rather than CarPlay.

Sorry about the confusion.

Yes that’s what I was referring to. My Spotify was messing up with iOS 11 and the steps that I explained helped fix it. Still working too yay!

My problem is this clicking sound it keeps making on my music control panel. It stops when I go to the actual app but it’s getting very annoying at this point .. I have tried everything to make it dissapear help ? 

75F262D7-B839-4A9A-B81C-D66FC9F0BAE6.png

Hi , on the Spotify app , the now playing doesn’t shows at all on top of my queue list but it shows on my lock screen . Is there any way to fix this ? 

6C497029-9999-471B-9CC3-0C909FE6FEE1.png

Edit . It makes this clicking/drop sound every time  I change song . But it does not do that when I’m on the actual app .. this stupid music player control panel !! 

I’d say re install the app and see ? What’s annoying is this control panel ? How do I fix this .. so I need to get an android phone instead ? Like ??? 

So I just got a IPhone 8Plus as a early Christmas present and I get Spotify because I had it on my iPad and I go to listen to music after it’s done downloading and I can’t choose my own songs. I have to click shuffle. I can’t just listen to one song in my playlists. I don’t know if that’s a bug or if it’s a real thing in the IPhone version. If not please help

You must not be a paid subscriber then.  You can stream any song you want on a PC or tablet, but they limit free acounts on a phone... so you can only stream playlists with 15 or more songs in it.

Suggested posts