Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disable Bluetooth in Spotify App

Solved!

Disable Bluetooth in Spotify App

I recently started the 30 day free trial of premium and while i was playing spotify in my car (that has bluetooth), i wanted to use the aux connection I had for better quality/battery conservation, etc. I found that, when I tried doing this while my phone and car were connected via bluetooth, the bluetooth would overtake the aux connection and the only way to bring it back to aux was to turn off bluetooth on my iPhone, which I don't want to do.

Essentially, I would like ot leave bluetooth on my phone, so if someone calls me, I can speak to them through that, but disable it just for Spotify playback. I didn't see an option anywhere in the settings for the iPhone app to disable bluetooth, but I'm wondering if anyone can think of any creative ways to achieve this goal. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

What kind of car do you have? My BMW does the same thing, and the solution was to use my apple charger in the auxilary and select the auxilary mode. Every car has different versions of software..if it's a BMW there's a few things you can do with the idrive to pre select. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

What kind of car do you have? My BMW does the same thing, and the solution was to use my apple charger in the auxilary and select the auxilary mode. Every car has different versions of software..if it's a BMW there's a few things you can do with the idrive to pre select. 

I drive a Kia, which has a plug that takes a combo aux/usb to access what would be my itunes and control it through my dash. I abandoned that a while ago because i liked navigating music through my mobile device better than through the limited interface of the car, so i just use the aux plug now. Maybe I'll try that plug again though, since the car is designed to use it that way. Thanks!

Sometimes that is the only way to stream in most vehicles is with the Aux..hope you continue to enjoy Spotify! Happy Holidays!

Suggested posts