Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Can you sync to an iPod nano (4th generation)???

Might be a easy question to answer but I can seem to find the answer anywhere. I have spotify premium and would like to sync some playlists I have made to my ipod, I don't mind losing the song that are on it currently as they are all stored in iTunes...

• Might be a easy question to answer but I can seem to find the answer anywhere.   I have spotify premium and would like to sync some playlists I have made to my ipod, I don't mind losing the ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"Available Office" Playlists Not Syncing

The playlists that I have selected to be "available offline" are not syncing. In most cases, none of the songs on these playlists sync, and in some other cases, a few of the songs sync, but not all of them. Can someone help with this issue please?

• Casual Listener
  • The playlists that I have selected to be "available offline" are not syncing.  In most cases, none of the songs on these playlists sync, and in some other cases, a few of the songs sync, but not...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't find my iPhone under devices and will not sync!!!

Hi everyone, I'm really new to spotify. My best friend and boyfriend got me to download it and upgrade to premiu because we all love making playlists and just sitting around listening to music. However so far I am very displeased with the services. F...

• Hi everyone,   I'm really new to spotify. My best friend and boyfriend got me to download it and upgrade to premiu because we all love making playlists and just sitting around listening to m...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't play loud when using Spotify on IOS 4

When i play the music thats already on my phone, I can play extremly loud, but when I then try to play music through my spotify, it's sooo much more quite. Any fix to this? PS. I don't cahnge sound settings when changing from the phones music libary ...

• When i play the music thats already on my phone, I can play extremly loud, but when I then try to play music through my spotify, it's sooo much more quite. Any fix to this?   PS. I don't cah...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Local Files/Connecting Iphone/New update problems

So for around 4 months I used spotify premium on phone and everything was fine. Then Spotify updated the app and it now seems like the only purpose of the update was to cause problems for premium users and change the spotify logo. First, the local fi...

• Casual Listener
  • So for around 4 months I used spotify premium on phone and everything was fine. Then Spotify updated the app and it now seems like the only purpose of the update was to cause problems for premium use...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Bug: iOS - Settings - Push messages automatically enabled after I have disabled them?

Hi, Since the last update of the iOS app the push settings are enabled automatically each time I disable them. Sometimes just 1 setting sometimes all seven. I think this happens when I switch between on/offline mode, but cannot reproduce this complet...

• Hi,   Since the last update of the iOS app the push settings are enabled automatically each time I disable them. Sometimes just 1 setting sometimes all seven. I think this happens when ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Making Playlists on iPhone/iPad Visable to friends without a laptop- HELP!!!

Hello, I am currenty travelling, and do not have a laptop with me- just my phone and iPad. I have downloaded Spotify (premium) on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 (synced) but when friends go to look at my playlists, they are not visable- can anyone help me/ l...

• Hello,   I am currenty travelling, and do not have a laptop with me- just my phone and iPad. I have downloaded Spotify (premium) on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 (synced) but when friends go t...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes iPhone camera?

Hi!When Spotify is playing, I can't take photos with the iPhone camera app. Both Spotify and Camera crash when I push the button to take a picture. When Spotify is not opened, I can just take pictures. This only happens when Spotify is playing.Don't ...

• Hi! When Spotify is playing, I can't take photos with the iPhone camera app. Both Spotify and Camera crash when I push the button to take a picture. When Spotify is not opened, I can just take pic...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Smartphone

I'm looking into getting a smart phone (not an iphone)...I've been "old school" all along and have never owned a smart phone...can you put spotify subscription on any smart phone or does it have to be an iphone? Thank you!!

• Regular
  • I'm looking into getting a smart phone (not an iphone)...I've been "old school" all along and have never owned a smart phone...can you put spotify subscription on any smart phone or does it have to b...
  • haasnd
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I still need HELP.

okay so I had my devices reset, but I am having the same problem. I am a Spotify Free User on an iPhone 5. Every time I try to sync a playlist (with mostly local files) for "available offline, it gives me the "only premium users" message on my comput...

• Music Fan
  • okay so I had my devices reset, but I am having the same problem. I am a Spotify Free User on an iPhone 5. Every time I try to sync a playlist (with mostly local files) for "available offline, it giv...
  • StealthGC
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone 4s app crashes

I have an iPhone 4s running ios 6.1.3. I recently upgraded to Spotify Premium so that I could listen to Spotify on my iPhone. The application crashes so routinely that the app is unusable. I have already tried the restarting the phone, reinstalling t...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone 4s running ios 6.1.3.  I recently upgraded to Spotify Premium so that I could listen to Spotify on my iPhone.  The application crashes so routinely that the app is unusable...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Subscribing to Spotify on IPad

I'm using both the Windows desktop and IPad versions. On the IPad I'm told that my 30 day trial has expired. How do I subscribe to the premium (Plus) version on my IPad?

• I'm using both the Windows desktop and IPad versions. On the IPad I'm told that my 30 day trial has expired. How do I subscribe to the premium (Plus) version on my IPad?
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can anyone from Spotify answer this question? HELP!

Hi. In regards to the 3 devices maximum, I have a simple problem. I sold one of my previous devices that had offline content on it. I only have Spotify free. I got a new iPhone and it is my 4th device with Spotify. I can't sync any playlists. every t...

• Music Fan
  • Hi. In regards to the 3 devices maximum, I have a simple problem. I sold one of my previous devices that had offline content on it. I only have Spotify free. I got a new iPhone and it is my 4th devic...
  • StealthGC
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble syncing

Hi all. I am having so much trouble with this that I think I might be crazy. I used to have a Toshiba laptop with Spotify, and was able to sync certain playlists to my iPhone and iPad. I had some for offline use, but was always able to get to every s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all.  I am having so much trouble with this that I think I might be crazy.  I used to have a Toshiba laptop with Spotify, and was able to sync certain playlists to my iPhone and iPad. &n...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 5

I have Spotify premium. When I add new songs to my playlist they won't download but they show the green arrow instantly as if they downloaded. I know it can't happen that fast. Then when I try to play them nothing happens. No error no music nothing. ...

• I have Spotify premium. When I add new songs to my playlist they won't download but they show the green arrow instantly as if they downloaded. I know it can't happen that fast. Then when I try to pla...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Same here

Exact same problem. Causing me to go over my data limit! Costing me a fortune.

• Exact same problem. Causing me to go over my data limit! Costing me a fortune.
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlists don't work (buffering symbol)

I recently updated the Spotify app on my iPhone 5. Since then, I haven't been able to use the app offline.- First, it deleted all the offline content I had on my phone (about 3000 songs) without me asking for it.- Then, once all the content was synce...

• I recently updated the Spotify app on my iPhone 5. Since then, I haven't been able to use the app offline. - First, it deleted all the offline content I had on my phone (about 3000 songs) without ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play track

Hello. Im actually paying for the premium account and I cant seem to play a whole track without it "unable to play track". How an i solve this problem? Should i cancel my subscription?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. Im actually paying for the premium account and I cant seem to play a whole track without it "unable to play track". How an i solve this problem? Should i cancel my subscription?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I am paying for a service that I can't use

I have paid for spotify premium for a few months. Two months ago i switched phones and carriers. I can't remember my login info for spotify so i am paying for something i can't access and there is no one to contact!!!!!

• I have paid for spotify premium for a few months. Two months ago i switched phones and carriers. I can't remember my login info for spotify so i am paying for something i can't access and there is no...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Works With iOS 7 Beta

Spotify works just fine on iOS 7 beta if anyone was worried to test it out. I just want to let everyone know it works. Local track syncing works too. Have fun beta testers! UPDATE: I've tested Windows 7 & 8 and it allows local file syncing with iOS 7...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify works just fine on iOS 7 beta if anyone was worried to test it out.   I just want to let everyone know it works.   Local track syncing works too.   Have fun beta te...
  • grelca
  • Regular
  • 25 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 1 likes