Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does Spotify have to be open on the iPhone to download playlists to Apple Watch?

Solved!

Does Spotify have to be open on the iPhone to download playlists to Apple Watch?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 12 Pro, Apple Watch 6 LTE

Operating System

Latest iOS as of date of this post

My Question or Issue

Does the Spotify app on the iPhone have to be open while songs download to the Apple Watch?

The process seems to take forever, and I’d love to be able to scroll around other apps while waiting for it to complete. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @cgb223

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

The app shouldn't need to be open on your phone while you're downloading your content to the watch. 

If you're having issues with the downloading, we'd recommend checking this thread for some tips and troubleshooting steps about this. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @cgb223

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

The app shouldn't need to be open on your phone while you're downloading your content to the watch. 

If you're having issues with the downloading, we'd recommend checking this thread for some tips and troubleshooting steps about this. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts