Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Download Tab

Download Tab

Why did they remove the download tab from your library screen!! It’s a pain in the **bleep** to find your downloaded music now. 

25 Replies

I know I am unusual but I travel to and from work using something called 'The Underground'.  The clue is in the name; the 4g is pretty patchy down there. The downloads tab was really handy - used it most days and now they have removed it.  So what was already a dismal UX has now taken yet another step backwards.  Spotify only survive because the competition is equally poor.  I can't believe I pay them good money for this..........

I still experience the same issue!! Anybody resolved this?

Not to my knowledge and it is annoying me more by the day! There is simply no easy way to use/manage your downloaded music. If you wanted to purge and start again you would have to go through each album and playlist and uncheck download. It's crazy and I can't imagine why it would be removed except to persuade folk to use more cellular data or to explore alternative music music more. They really need to communicate their reasons or Apple Music will look more attractive since it costs just the same and has a downloads tab!

I agree with this post. I found the removal of the Download folder incredibly annoying. The new options filter downloads isn't nearly as user friendly.

I also wish that Spotify would bring back the download tab.  I spent 20 minutes searching online to figure out that my missing download tab was the result of an update.  The lack of communication on this change is disappointing.  The only reason I can think of for Spoitfy making this change is that they don't want their customers to download the music we're paying for.  I run in areas that do not have cell phone coverage so downloaded music is my only option for listening to music.  Please bring back the download tab.  

Unfortunately this section has been discontinued from the app.

You can also choose to list only Downloads in Your Library:

1. Tap Your Library  in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Tap Playlists, Songs, Albums, or Artists.
  3. Pull down and release to display  at the top. Tap it.
  4. Under Filter by, tap Downloads or Imported Music.
    Note: Filter options may vary depending on the list you’re filtering.
  5. To return to the original list, repeat these steps and tap the selected filter again.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts