Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error Message "error in startWithCompletionBlock"

Error Message "error in startWithCompletionBlock"

Hi,

everytime I plug in my iphone into my bmw connector to use spotify app on my idrive I get an error message. Since I have premium only because I use it in my car it is very annoying. Please find a screenshot attached! That just recently started to appear. I worked fine for the last couple of month.

What is the issue and will it be fixed?

Best regards

Sebastian

IMG_0276.png
18 Replies

I have the same problem. Just got the info from BMW that "from now, Spotify is a certified app in BMW Apps". I have used Spotify in my new BMW earlier, streaming via bluetooth, but now, after it  became a certified app, and also recently updated, I get that error message , similar to Sebastians, after connecting the phone via USB in my car. I also get a message in the cars infoscreen: "The App is not compatible. Update when needed" 

/Robert

Well, in the error message you see that there is a certificate error. It's either expired or invalid (key chain?). But that doesn't help us to fix it! Spotify, please help! I wan't spotify back in my car. Otherwise I can cancle the subscription, since its useless for me 😞

I have the same error and it needs an update in the certificate.

Looking around it seems version 3.0.0 broke Spotify.

Look at the thread 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/Spotify_Bugs/article-id/5811

That's correct.

My Friend is not using autoUpdate feature on iOS. He doesn't update to latest version last week and has no problems connection with my car - BMW 3er 2013.

I have the latest update 3.0.0.2566 and exactly the same error message because of an expired certificate.

Spotify - please fix this

This bug should be fixed in an iOS update soon. Hang in there!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ayn ETA? A date would be helpfull.. I mean if this takes a couple of weeks, I can just cancle my subscription until its fixed since I'm mostly just using it in my car.

i share that same opinion Spotify voyld offer a way to get the previous version since the issue came with that 3.0 version
Not easy to find the support address with Spotify
And they should have a look on the community comments and bring there support
I will cancell it if not usefull in my bmw

Hi Matt

Likewise, I cant use spotify on my idrive.  You mention a fix...do you have an approximate date for the update??  

Thanks in advance

Matt 

@matthewnicholls @bastis360

No exact ETA, but hopefully soon.

Check back here for updates:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/Spotify_Bugs/article-id/5811

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks.  Are we talking weeks or months?  Wont hold you to it, just need to know whether to pause my subscription to Spootify.  

@matthewnicholls

Nope, shouldn't be months. Best estimate would be maybe a few weeks.

Release timelines can change, but it shouldn't be months. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Anybody can give me the link to get support to cancel my subsription with
spotify
I can' accept to wait so long that they resolve the connectivity issue with
bmw
Thank you for a response

I can't believe this - answer !!!!! Month's! !!! I'm sorry in our time are this much to long for solve a bug!!!

Just give us the last working spotify.ipa that we can copy to our iTunes apps folder. So we roll back to latest working version before update to latest....
Or it is not working with the previous version now, too?

Spotify - please give your paid community a feedback!!!!

Is this suggesting we are waiting on Apple to release an iOS update, that the way it reads. So you have knowledge of what apple is doing with iOS?

So, no answer from anyone from spotify, I cancel my contract - sorry this is for me not professional!

I tried http://www.deezer.com Deezer today, very similar service and the app works with connected drive, so that's where I'm going.

It's not just that it's not working it's the lack of concrete response of a software issue that could be fixed easily.

I'd have cancel my subscription just the same
Too bad i lost so much time on this issue without no compensation
May be Spotify will response some day

Suggested posts