Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Extremely high data usage

Extremely high data usage

About 2 months ago I noticed that Spotify was using a lot of cellular data on my iPhone, it actually ate up about 6 GBs of data in 3 days without any usage other than my drive to and from work. After this I turned off the cellular data for the app and download all of my playlists on wifi.

Yesterday I decided to give it a try again while I was at the gym, and it went from 196MBs to 478 in less than an hour.

How do I fix this?
B18257F0-36CA-4581-83FF-4EEBB733CB29.jpg
4 Replies

Hello there @LCUM, welcome to the community! 

If you`re on Spotify Premium, you might have selected higher quality streaming for your music. Check this by going to Settings - Music Quality - Streaming - and change it to normal, if its higher.

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply Martin, but I already did that, it's always been set on normal.

I've also deleted and reinstalled the app on my phone but it hasn't solved the issue 😕

Hey back @LCUM, that looks strange. 

You can post an Ongoing Issue then, as there are more likely someone of the Spotify staff, who are responsible for this to take a look at this issue and help you. Don`t forget to provide details for your phone and app version when posting it:

1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 5S)

2. Exact operating system (e.g. iOS 8.3)

3. Spotify app version installed (2.2.0) 

Anyway, if you want to listen without charges of your data, you can set Spotify to Offline mode, then you`ll be able to play only your downloaded tracks, without any usage of your celluar.

Spotify > Settings > Offline Mode (switch it on)

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts