Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ford Fiesta skipping tracks constantly via USB

Ford Fiesta skipping tracks constantly via USB

I know this has been asked previously but I can't seem to find a definitive answer that actually resolves this...

When connected via USB (no bluetooth) on my 2012 Ford Fiesta, the app will constantly skip tracks after less than a second and keep doing this until I disconnect the USB and reconnect.  It's pretty much making the app unusable unless I listen to one album at a time or a very small Playlist.  It seems to happen after a few songs on larger Playlists.

It will happily play one song if I start the song prior to connecting the USB but then one or two songs later it will keep skipping without playing and the track count keeps going up (eg. 5, 6, 7...) without selecting a song.

I don't have Ford Sync and there is no bluetooth option within the car so any help or suggestions are massively appreciated!  Thanks 🙂

(both iOS and Spotify have been updated to most recent versions)

15 Replies

What i would give for this to be fixed ha

Same problem Here! If anyone knows how to fix this, I am really glad to hear the solution too!

Having the same problem wish they would just sort it out by now!

having same problem with 2012 Focus

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. We recommend that as a first step with this issue you perform a clean reinstall on your phone. This tends to solve connectivity issues like the one you're experiencing. It's also a good idea to check for any available updates to your cars infotainment system.

If that doesn't solve things, could you let us know what other connectivity methods are available in your car and whether or not the track skip when using it as well?

Keep us posted, we'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi i have tried this and it still doesn't work just plays one track then skips the rest in the playlist

Hey @twiggy13,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're sorry to hear you're still experiencing this. Could you share what other connection methods are available in your car ( e.g. AUX cable or Bluetooth) and if you can replicate the behavior there? We'd also appreciate it if you share the make, model, OS version and Spotify version of the device you're using to connect. One last thing - does the app switch in car view when connected via USB cable?

Let us know how things go. 

Mihail Moderator

I also performed clean reinstall and having same issue going on. My car doesnt have aux or bluetooth. Only way i can connect is usb. my app doesnt switch to car view when i connect it.
Phone: Iphone 7plus
Spotify version: 8.5.86.739

Hey again @mrersin,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for that info.

Could you turn the Car mode on when your phone is connected to your car and let us know if that makes any difference? You can find that option within the app settings.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello @CarlosE, I have checked and it still same.

Hi @mrersin,

Thanks for trying.

Just to check, could you try using a different USB cable and let us know if you see any improvement?

We'd also like to know when this started happening and if it was after a specific event, such as an app or OS update.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello, i have tried with 2 different cable but same issue keeps going.
I bought my car last week but seeing peoples having same issues for so long.

Hey @mersin,

Thanks for getting bac to us and for the troubleshooting you've done.

As we weren't able to reproduce this from our end, we feel this is most likely isolated to your car or specific setup. We recommend keeping an eye out for future updates to the app, but can't set a specific timeframe for when this issue will be fixed.. For now, we recommend contacting the card manufacturer for further help. They can look into the possibility that the car is interfering with the proper functioning of the Spotify app.

We'd also like to refer you to the Idea Exchange in the Community for any further feedback you might have, where you can either vote for an existing idea or you can submit your own idea.

The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify - check how here

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator

Dear mihail, sad to hear this. If it will not fix in future i would change to apple music bcs of this issue only.
Thanks for your help

He isnt the only person having this problem, i've had this problem for years with my fiesta, across multiple phones, android and ios. 

Suggested posts