Plan

Premium Family

Country

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 16

My Question or Issue

I am unable to join my friends group session, I join the session but no music plays and when I press play or skip on the song I’m playing it leaves the session,

I have tried reinstalling app, changing accounts, clearing cache and restarting phone but nothing seems to work 

5 Replies

Hey there @Benredfearn2,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Community. You've done a great start with the troubleshooting!

We can see that you've mentioned that you performed a reinstall. However, sometimes it can be good to remove cache as well so can you can you remove your cached data and see if that makes any difference? This will make sure there’s no old cache files causing this. After that, reinstall the app.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you log in on a different device to see if the issue persists?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thank you for your response, I did in fact clear cache and delete re install etc, I tried it last night at home with members of my family that are on the same family plan and it works with them not just the people at work, we have tried numerous different devices aswell 

Hi again @Benredfearn2,

Thank you for your reply and for trying out what's been suggested 🙂

Are  you having the issue with your friends at work both ways - that it's not possible to join their session and not able to invite them either?

It would also be great if you can provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I can accept invites and join but no music will be playing when I join a group sesssion and when I go to play something it immediately kicks me out saying I have left the group session but it is happening with more than 1 person, the only way I can get it to work is by joining a family members which are part of the same family plan 

Hey @Benredfearn2,

Thanks for the additional info.

As a next step, please check again with an account from your Premium Family plan, but this time make sure the 2 devices are connected to different networks when setting up the group session.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts