Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Home Screen “new release” section annoying

Home Screen “new release” section annoying

Plan

Premium

Country

I hate the new release section that’s like a banner now at the top. Any way to remove?

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I hate the new release section that’s like a banner now at the top. Any way to remove?

5 Replies

Hey there @Beeperkeeb

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

No worries, you can remove the banner you mention in the desktop app heading over to SettingsDisplay and toggling off the Show announcements about new releases option. 

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I don’t have the desktop app, only iPhone and access through web.

Hi again @Beeperkeeb

Thanks for the clarification. 

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end so we can take a closer look?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

"Show announcements about new releases" should be disabled by default for premium users. Also the option in settings should clarify that these announcements are ads.

P.S. Captcha on this page is awful.

Hi there @Pavlic,

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

If you'd like to disable this feature we suggest that you follow the steps that @Eni provided.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts