Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I play all my offline saved songs?

How can I play all my offline saved songs?

Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic 

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

How can I now with the latest ios update of the app play all my offline saved songs? I am daily commuting by subway to work and this was one of the reasons to go Premium so I can play all my offline saved songs. 

Thank you 

11 Replies

Hey @lotrfan1 and welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features, you can learn more here why.

To download all your saved songs, simply go to Your Library > Liked Songs. Once there just enable the Download option and wait until your songs get downloaded then you should be good to go.

Have a nice day 🙂

Hello, 

There is no longer an option to only play downloaded songs. You can force Spotify to play only your downloaded songs by going to the cog in the upper right corner of the home page > playback > toggle "Offline" to on. This will bring Spotify completely offline so you will only be able to search through and listen to your downloaded media. Make sure to come online at least once every 30 days so that Spotify can verify that your premium account is still active. 

Hi, 

Thank you for your answer. I have 4000+ liked songs. If I remember correctly, I can have only max 3333 offline songs. How it will then behave if I press Download on on Liked album?

Thanks 

Hi

I have a similar problem that started with the new UI interface last week.  Have about 3800 songs downloaded onto my IPhone 6E, but when I go into offline mode or away from WiFi, only about 5% of these songs actually play; they all play when I'm on WiFi.  I have the green arrow next to all these songs and the Saved Songs list is downloaded.

Any suggestions?

Hi oplevka,

As of last year, the limit for downloaded songs was raised to 10,000 per device! So you should have no problems downloading another album (just make sure to do it while you're online, as you won't be able to search for it while you're offline). 

rsca, I have the exact same problem. I have songs and albums that have been downloaded on my iphone 6 for ages that always worked  when I put my phone on airplane mode or turned my spotify to offline mode. But now after the 2019 update only about 5% of them actually play when i'm offline. the green icon is still there though. must be a glitch the app is not working as intended. 

to make things worse, I just deleted the app and re-downloaeded it from the app store and now all of my music is gone. none of my saved albums are there. probably because I didn't "like" the album because that was unneeded in the last version of the app. If I downloaded the album it would be in my library. Now I've lost hundreds of albums and I don't really have a reason to pay spotify every month anymore just to waste my precious time re-creating that music library. tl;dr **bleep** this new update I can't play my music offline and now I have no music at all. 😠  

Same here. Got Premium

to listen offline to all my downloaded music, not wifi. But now I have to make playlists first to listen to my already great selection of downloaded content. 

Now I've been scrolling trough this community for an hour. And this is what you guys say: 

"To download all your saved songs, simply go to Your Library > Liked Songs. Once there just enable the Download option and wait until your songs get downloaded then you should be good to go"

but how? I dont have a "liked songs" under 'Library' in my iPhone app???? Only 'Playlists' 'Artists' 'Albums' 

those 3 options are actually the things I want to avoid scrolling trough on my phone!! 

Please, please, please Bring back 'all tracks'!!!!     

Hello,

You can find Liked Songs under the Playlists tab. It should be the one right under Create Playlist. It's a blue/purple gradient background with a white heart.

Sorry you're having troubles too.  Spotify has really messed up the like/downloading process (or at least made things difficult with their new format).   Same thing with the liking of albums.   What used to be easy is now difficult

I have fixed a portion of my collection, but only with a few albums.  For albums, I "undownloaded" them, unliked them and then deleted my cache, found the album again and then downloaded it.  A total pain.  I found that if I didn't delete my cache the album wasn't really gone and the unplayable songs would just still be viewable in my app.  When I have some time, I'll "undownload" my liked songs, delete the cache and then try downloading that list again.  We'll see if that works.   

The whole "liking" an album just to get it to appear in a list is really frustrating compared to how things used to be set up...  Good luck.

Hello @rsca and @oplevka,

Try doing the following if you are having trouble with your Downloads:

1. Reinstall the app using these instructions
  2. But before reinstalling the app, remove all Offline Devices from here

Hope it helps! Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day.

My solution: uninstall Spotify and switch to Apple Music. Finally my media-tech-frustration levels are back to the usual 10% (raises to 30% whenever I watch Netflix). Spotify people are out there to take over the music industry in a similar way to the big record levels but in a much more aggressive way. The objective is to make music as cheap as possible, take the issue of taste out of the customers’ hands, remove all artistic and commercial power from the artists, making you a Spotify-customer rather than an Artist-X audience. I know this business model is common and repeated throughout music industry history but with Spotify the technology is so clearly created around this destructive path that I’m finding very real advantages with other services. This technical glitch in the discussion, which I have no doubt was crafted by the provider, was the final F-you that I could tolerate. Good riddance. And for full disclosure, I am not affiliated with any tech co but I am a very strong music lover, some may say ‘snob’, unable to stand idly by while the financial tech people destroy every form of art they can get their greedy venture capitalist fingers on. Ahhh now I feel better!

Suggested posts