Premium

Country

Austria

Device

IPhone 8+

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

When I select HomePod as Airplay Device I loose the Connection after few Tracks. When I try to re-connect it fails often. I need to restart Spotify or reconnect with My iTunes library and then come back to Spotify.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jan1990.

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

If you reinstall the app on your Mac/PC, you will not lose the original music files, however you will have to re-download the local files from the Spotify app in order to be able to listen to them on another device.

Regarding your second question, often users with iOS have their account credentials stored on iCloud, so it is quite possible that this is why you were logged in automatically after reinstalling.

Hope that answers your questions! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @jan1990.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community, an sorry for the late response! We'll be glad to help you out if you still need help 🙂

I know this sounds obvious, but would you mind restarting both your deviced and performing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Could you also provide us with your Spotify app version once you've done that?

Let us know how it goes!

I reinstalled the App on my IPhone and maybe i will on MacBook and PC but for Mac/PC whats gonna Happen with the Songs from my Computer are they gone?

Version Number: 8.4.79.933 (iPhone)

Also im curious is it normal that i dont have to log in again After re install on the IPhone?
Marked as solution

Hey @jan1990.

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

If you reinstall the app on your Mac/PC, you will not lose the original music files, however you will have to re-download the local files from the Spotify app in order to be able to listen to them on another device.

Regarding your second question, often users with iOS have their account credentials stored on iCloud, so it is quite possible that this is why you were logged in automatically after reinstalling.

Hope that answers your questions! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you 🙂

Suggested posts