Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keeps playing same song

Solved!

Keeps playing same song

The same song keeps playing. I pause and it starts playing again. I switch to my play list and it comes back to the same song. 

changed my password because taught someone was messing with me but as soon as I go “on line” (wifi) then same song plays 

this just started happening after an update 

Device

(iPhone 10)

A18F6EB5-88E9-4803-8869-28A1944D6859.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Trix2k,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out about this here. 

Since you've come across the same song unexpectedly played using your Spotify account, it'd be good to make sure no one is accessing it in an unauthorized way.

First, you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE and then reset your Spotify password. It'll be more effective than only updating your password.

It'd be very useful to also reset the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account

If your Spotify account is associated with your Facebook profile, you can also make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook. To double-check this, go to your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.

When in your account page, also check the section Apps to see if there are any third-party apps listed you don't recognize and make sure to 'Remove Access' for those since such apps might be taking actions with your account.

Also make sure to read and bookmark this support page article as well as this one since they feature essential info regarding how to keep your account safe.

Would you also mind keeping us posted about whether what you reported keeps happening even after performing the actions suggested above?

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll keep an eye on your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

The same thing is happening to me. I also have noticed songs and albums in my favorites that I have not listened to or liked. I have redownloded the app and changed passwords, same issue! Please help!

Marked as solution

Hey @Trix2k,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out about this here. 

Since you've come across the same song unexpectedly played using your Spotify account, it'd be good to make sure no one is accessing it in an unauthorized way.

First, you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE and then reset your Spotify password. It'll be more effective than only updating your password.

It'd be very useful to also reset the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account

If your Spotify account is associated with your Facebook profile, you can also make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook. To double-check this, go to your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.

When in your account page, also check the section Apps to see if there are any third-party apps listed you don't recognize and make sure to 'Remove Access' for those since such apps might be taking actions with your account.

Also make sure to read and bookmark this support page article as well as this one since they feature essential info regarding how to keep your account safe.

Would you also mind keeping us posted about whether what you reported keeps happening even after performing the actions suggested above?

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll keep an eye on your reply!

Mario Moderator

So that seams to have worked 

thank you

Hey @Trix2k,

Glad to hear the suggestions helped 🙂 

Don't hesitate to get in touch again if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts